7.11

Chapter 135 – Rogue Scholar (11)

Yan Jing Ze felt that the reaction of these children is really a little too exaggerated.

He admits he is tall and slightly intimidating but there is no need to cry when they see him, right?

Wei Lingxiu was sitting next to Zhao Xiucai and was originally reading a book. When he heard the movement, he raised his head and saw the youngest dark-skinned fat child in the school crying. The other children were also full of fear and helplessness.

Zhao Xiucai has a gentle personality, and most of these children come from the countryside so they are not disciplined, he often can't control them.

But since Wei Lingxiu was sent by Yan Jing Ze to study... These children were afraid of Yan Jing Ze and they were even afraid of Wei Lingxiu. They didn't dare to cause trouble in the school which made it a lot easier for Zhao Xiucai.

This is one of the reasons why Zhao Xiucai likes Wei Lingxiu.

However, these children were only a little scared when they saw Wei Lingxiu, but when they saw Yan Jing Ze, they get so scared and cry.

"Am I so scary?" Yan Jing Ze touched his nose and looked at Zhao Xiucai.

Zhao Xiucai said: "A few months ago, you were collecting debts nearby. They all saw it."

When Yan Jing Ze thought about it, he remembered the incident and his heart jumped, but Wei Lingxiu asked, "Collecting debts?"

"If someone owes a debt and doesn't pay it back, I will ask them to pay..." Yan Jing Ze laughed and looked at Zhao Xiucai again.

Zhao Xiucai was agitated and nodded again and again: "Yes! Yes!" He is a good scholar, why bother with Yan Da... He is really frightened!

"President Xiucai, how is Lingxiu's studies?" Yan Jing Ze smiled gently at Zhao Xiucai.

Zhao Xiucai met his smile, feeling a bit nervous: "He has learned very well; he can try taking the exam in February next year. As long as he can memorize those books more familiarly."

They can take the exam in February next year? Yan Jing Ze was moved in his heart and couldn't help asking, "How will he take the next exam?"

Zhao Xiucai was a little afraid of Yan Jing Ze but he kept talking about things he was familiar with.

He soon said everything he knew.

If you want to become a scholar, you have to go through three exams: the county exam, the government exam and the academy exam. The county exam is conducted in the county, so you can register at the county office. After registering your profile at the county office, five candidates will be able to take the exam by guaranteeing each other and finding a linsheng to be their guarantor.

After passing the county exam and then passing the government exam, you are a tongsheng. If you can pass the academy exam, you can become a xiucai.

Yan Jing Ze said: "..." Wait, examinees still need to find other examinees to guarantee each other when they go to the exam? And you still need a linsheng to guarantee yourself?

Linsheng is also a scholar, a scholar who ranks very high in the xiucai exam. Such people are generally high-minded and arrogant...

The most important thing is whether these people would be willing to guarantee him?

Yan Jing Ze suddenly realized that the imperial examination was not a simple matter.

Zhao Xiucai and his students were all trembling when they saw Yan Jing Ze's warlike expression. Yan Jing Ze did not stay long and took Wei Lingxiu back home.