7.10

Chapter 134 – Rogue Scholar (10)

Yan Jing Ze bought a lot of food and went home that day. In the evening, he steamed several dishes, which seemed very hearty when they were placed on the desk.

Of course... it's not very tasty.

But Wei Lingxiu is not picky, he just keeps on giving meat to Yan Jing Ze, letting Yan Jing Ze eat more.

He has found out that Yan Jing Ze didn't eat much with him. He also found that Yan Jing Ze got up and cooked a pot of rough rice every morning. He ate the throat-inflaming rice secretly to fill him up—he goes to bed early at night and actually wakes up early in the morning.

But he didn't know what to do, so he could only leave more meat for Yan Jing Ze, so Yan Jing Ze can eat more.

When Yan Jing Ze saw Wei Lingxiu kept giving himself meat, he directly picked up the meat bowl: "Let's split this meat!"

He poured half a bowl into Wei Lingxiu's bowl, then poured half a bowl into his own bowl, and done!

Wei Lingxiu glanced at Yan Jing Ze and ate in silence.

Before dawn the next day, the two set off together.

On the way out, Wei Lingxiu explained the "Three Character Classic" to Yan Jing Ze.

He studied in the Wei family's clan school. Although he did not learn very well, he has been studying with a group of little kids, and the "Three Character Clasic" was learned well. And even because he had studied it several times, he particularly remembered it.

He talked all the way, for a full half an hour, making his throat dry and thirsty. All the things he said, Yan Jing Ze remembered and also understood.

Wei Lingxiu felt a tremendous amount of pressure, Yan Jing Ze is too powerful! His little knowledge is simply not enough to teach!

He must study hard!

Yan Jing Ze sent Wei Lingxiu to Zhao Xiucai and went to a separate house behind the bookstore to copy books.

The shopkeeper went to look around specially and suddenly had the same idea as Wei Lingxiu—this Yan Da is too powerful!

No, he can't be called Yan Da anymore. Yan Da now also gave himself a name, he is now called Yan Jing Ze.

The bookstore shopkeeper watched him copying books quickly, and the more he looked at it, the more astonished he became, and he almost suspected that this was a monster.

However, this person... really just has a particularly good memory.

No matter what book he reads, he can recite it once after reading it. No matter what character he has seen, he can write it out once. He really knows nothing about what he hasn't read yet.

With this kind of ability, it is not difficult to pass the xiucai exam... The shopkeeper looked at Yan Jing Ze thoughtfully.

While Yan Jing Ze copied books and memorized them at the same time, Wei Ling Xiu was in the school receiving lessons from Zhao Xiucai.

Zhao Xiucai read Wei Lingxiu's characters and couldn't help but admire: "Good characters!" His characters aren't as good as Wei Lingxiu's.

When he carefully asked Wei Lingxiu about his studies...

"They say you are uneducated, but I see that you are still quite solid in your studies..." Zhao Xiucai was a bit puzzled.

Wei Lingxiu did not memorize the book well, but he understood the meaning of the sentences. He didn't memorize the book that should be memorized, not because he was too stupid to memorize it, he was just not committed to studying before.