4 ~ Swayamvar

500 votes fastt!!!

Nandani POV

"And, he is one of the powerful Kings of Hind,"

I completed.

"No, we will not send him the invitation,"

"You have to, Maa-sa,"

I tried and took a few steps closer to her.

"The King has no heir and Rudra will soon become the King. And, if he would become the King, he will surely rage a war against us because he did not come here for me, he came here to know about our strengths and weaknesses. And, if he will rage war against us... I will be so dead. I cannot see my father and my brother getting into a war when I can simply prevent it. I will marry Surgami Dev Singh and bear his child. I will give him an heir and then Rudra will never come to power. I will never let him claim the throne and we have to do it fast. Please try and understand, father is getting old and Abhinandan is too innocent to face a man in the war whom he trusted his heart out. The situation will be complicated and only a marriage alliance with Suryagarh can prevent it,"

I started and tried to not break into tears and my mother shook her head.

"Your father will never agree to it,"

I held her shoulder and shook my head.

"You have to Maa-sa, you have to talk to him but please, I cannot let him touch my brother or father. He is a strong man, he is well disciplined, he fought the war and our Abhinandan is unexperienced and we all know what we are capable of,"

She gulped and cupped my cheeks.

"You do not have to do it. What if he is not going to attack us, what if Surgami Dev Sigh will not give him the throne,"

I sucked on my lips and pressed my palm against my face.

"Maa-sa, he will get the throne and he will attack us. I have spent days with him. I know who is he. He managed to make me fall into his trap, you do not know how sharply he convinced me to spend a night with him. He is a manipulator and a brilliant fighter. No one can escape him, and if we will not do anything soon, our problems will just increase. He did that to me to only divert our mind from the war preparations, he made us weak from the inside. Do not let him use it. Please extend the invitation to Surgami Dev Singh, I am begging you, please..."

I literally begged and she looked at me.

"Okay, if you are so sure about it then I will send the invitation but how will you spend a life with that old man?"

She asked.

"Maa-sa, my life is already done. No man will ever love me now and I will never get the same respect but now I can do something for my family. I was really stupid to fall for his trap but that was just an alarm that he is planning something more dangerous, please,"

"Are you sure?"

She asked me and looked into my eyes.

"I am more sure than I ever was, please,"

She nodded.

"Okay, I will try to talk to your father,"

"No,"

I said.

"Do not tell him, he is going to deny it and he is already very angry. Just send the invitation and I will handle the rest. You just have to tell him, that to make a peace between Mahabaleshgarh and Suryagarh, you invited him. I will do the rest by choosing him in the Swayamvar,"

I stated.

She turned into tears and muttered.

"But, Nandani, he is an old man. How will spend your whole life with him?"