EPILOGUE

Nandani POV

The wedding was a total blast. Rudra was pleased as a brother, and it smoothed out a lot of relationships between Suryagarh and other states.

We welcomed our bride with all the love and care, and respect. Though she seemed afraid, I knew that once she understood about Devarsa, she would not be able to resist him.

Everyone was insanely tired after the wedding, and I looked at Rudra walking into the chamber with tiredness on his face.

He wrapped his arms around me and inhaled deeply against my neck.

"It felt surreal, Nandani,"

He muttered in a slow voice, and I turned to look at him.

"What?"

I asked in a slow voice and forwarded my hand to take off his overcoat. He smiled, looking at me, and said.

"This. You and I together as a husband and wife, with our happy family and these responsibilities as a King and a Queen. It all feels so surreal. I mean, look a year back and see that I had nothing but the weight of my past and the burden of my future. But, now it feels so happy and enlightening to know that there is no burden of the past and only the future ahead. A lot that we both would together if we want,"

He said, and I smiled, pushing him down on the chair.

He pulled me closer to make me sit in his lap, too, and I nodded.

"Yes, it's like a dream, Rudra. Like, can we ever be happier than this?"

I asked, and he shook his head.

"I do not think so. I have always used to worry about my brother's future. If I had not become the King, they must be serving somewhere in other states as a workman in the court. But now, their future is also secure when they have a name. And I do not want to become a King like my Uncle, but I want to become a King that will really be considered a King, not a dictator. Like, people see him as king with respect. I want to rebuild the status and charisma and that power Suryagarh had and want to pass on this strong and beautiful legacy to our Kids,"

He said, and I cupped his cheeks.

"You will. We together will keep fighting against the odds and stand together in everything that comes our way to protect the Kingdom and the people. We together will make an outstanding Kingdom in the next coming years, and we will make a powerful and strong King for the future, too, so that your hard work will never go to vain,"

I said, and he collected me in a hug.

"Promise me, you will always be there for me, Nandani. You will fight against me if I choose the wrong things, bring me to the right path if I ever forget, and be my strength and weakness, a home; I will always come back and comfort that I will never forget craving. Promise me, you will always be bold, cute and my little seductress of mine,"

He said, and I kissed his cheek.

"Always and always, Rudra. I have always been this for you since the day you committed your love to me, even if it was not real initially. I love you so much. I do not know if you understand this or not, but I am obsessed with you. I know you have never heard of a woman being obsessed because it's clearly the men's field, but I am obsessed and possessed by you. I feel like I was born for you, just for you. Because I never knew what was the reason for my birth until I met you. Maybe it was to set an example that women can fight for their love too, or maybe it was to give another name to history to remember our deadly and dangerous love story. But, I am all yours. You are in me, in every pore of mine, and I have no shame in accepting that I am yours, Rudra,"