12 ~ The Haldi Ceremony

800 votes fasttt!!!

Nandani POV

I gulped looking at my mother, Bua and Ruhani standing in front of me.

"Yes, I remember the Haldi,"

My Bua smiled and I noticed the looks of my mother and Ruhani that were slightly off and upset.

"Let me help her to get ready,"

Ruhani said and stepped inside the chamber.

My mother and Bua left giving me the haldi clothes. Ruhani closed the door behind and I walked back to the couch, palming my face with a severe headache.

"What happened?"

She asked and Inhaled a deep breath looking at her.

"I think, I am going insane,"

I exclaimed and she looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?"

I palmed my face again and did not know what it was.

It felt like he was right here, right in from of me. It felt so real, so vivid and then suddenly then I heard the door banging. What the hell was it? It did not seem like a dream completely or I had just started hallucinating?

My head was hurting. I could not sleep well. The whole night was thinking about something. A few things I remember as the kiss was of it and others I could not understand.

"Are you alright? Nandani,"

Ruhani asked and I looked at her.

"Yes, I think so. I mean... I need to take a cold bath,"

I said and exclaimed.

She nodded and said.

"Let me help you,"

I nodded and we both moved towards the bathing room.

She was also turning sad a little and I inhaled a deep breath. To cheer her up I suddenly asked.

"So, how wild was it last night?"

She smiled looking at me and I smiled back.

"Tell me,"

She blushed and I moved forward towards the pool.

Taking off my clothes, I looked at my skirt having red blood spots of menstruation.

He was here last night.

"Wait, let me grab you some padding,"

Ruhani said looking at the spots and I nodded.

She left and inhaled a deep breath. So, it was because my date was close. That means I was not hallucinating completely. He was here and came to meet me. I talked to him as usual when I stay on my period, I pass out frequently.

But, was the kiss real? I could not catch my complete memory but a part of me wanted it to be real and others just wanted to move over him and look ahead and think about my brother, who must be planning to rage a war against him by this time.

By the time Ruhani came back with the attendee, I finished my bath and secured the padding between my fitted thongs.

Ruhani helped me wear my Lehnga for the haldi and we both came out to the main chamber.

Further, she helped me dry my hair with the help of the ash pot and tied them neatly in a loose braid. I did not wear any jewellery and then they took me to the main celebration hall.