21 ~ The Grand Welcome

900 votes fastttt!!!

Nandani POV

But, suddenly I felt him holding my wrist and I turned back to look at the bloodied sight before me. 

Suddenly, tears started falling from my eyes and I could not believe it.

There was blood in the compound. Hundreds of people screaming, lying on the ground holding their wounds and some of them helping each other.

He stepped forward but I stood frozen not believing that he did that. Suddenly, I wanted to run back from here. I could not see hundreds of people wounded, bleeding and half dead.

But, suddenly coming closer he lifted me up in his arms and I tried to shake my head. With fear, the words hung in my throat and I did not know why he did all of this.

Suddenly, I was feeling frightened and did not know that this side of his existed.

He walked through the empty places towards the door of the castle and put me down when we reached a gallery.

"How dare you?"

Suddenly a womanly voice caught my attention and I looked at the old lady approaching us with a group of ladies following her behind.

"Rudra,"

She yelled at him and I looked at her hand lifting up in the air and she landed a tight and impactful slap right on his cheek.

A frightening shiver ran down my spine.

"How dare you?"

She held his collar and I saw him standing emotionless with his eyes low in front of her.

"I told you, not to do this. I warned you that this would lead to destruction. People will go against you. Do not you remember I promised you. Because of you, thousands of soldiers are wounded. How heartless you are? For a throne, you put your life in danger along with thousands of others along,"

She slapped him once again and cupped his cheek to make him look at her.

"What the hell were you thinking?"

Her voice suddenly started trembling and she started coughing insanely. Her footsteps trembled and he stepped forward to hold her.

"Badi Maa,"

He called her and she showed her hand to him to stop him.

"Do not touch me. I do not know who you are. Now, you are the King, I do not think I belong here,"

His face turned upset and he said.

"Please do not say like this, Badi Maa,"

He said and she fell on the floor palming her forehead.

"You have made enemies now. You should have waited for his natural death. You were the only heir, why did you do this?"

She blabbered and I looked at him sitting down on his knees. He tried to hold her and muttered.

"You need to see the physician,"

And, I looked at her closing her eyes.

He immediately lifted her up in his arms and started walking away in the hurry.

"Someone, call the physician,"

He screamed and took her inside.

While I just stood frozen on my ground not knowing what the hell was happening.

I was just trying to comprehend all these things and just then someone called.

"This way Rani-sa,"

Her sweet voice caught my attention and I looked at her.