8 ~ Nandani Convinces Raj

800 votes fasttt!!!

Nandani POV

"You had your chance and if you ever, ever had a little bit of affection for me, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

I said and he chuckled taking steps away from me.

"No, It was not affection,"

He exclaimed and I inhaled a few deep breath to stop myself from breaking into cries.

I closed my eyes to not let the tears falls off my eyes.

He left and I called.

"Suman,"

The door opened and I saw Suman running towards me.

She held my shoulder with care and asked in a slow voice.

"What did he say?"

I gulped and bravely raked my fingers on my dress to fix it neatly.

"Nothing, just came to blabber nonsense,"

She thinned her eyebrows by looking towards me and I looked at her back.

"Let's go,"

She nodded and I pulled my veil down over my face.

We both walked out of the chamber and headed towards the celebration hall.

My emotions had shifted from nervous to determined. A part of me was angry with what he said, the way he challenged me and tried to order me.

I was ready to give him everything and he shattered it all. He knew, that what he was doing would ruin my life, still he made me unconscious and let everyone know about it.

When we reached to the celebration hall the attendees opened the door for me and I courageously took my steps forward.

I could see everyone through my translucent veil, sitting in their place comfortably. But, as soon as their eyes landed on me a kind of amusing choas erupted in the hall.

The faded and indistinct noises of gossips and applauding happened while I took steps towards the throne where my father was sitting.

There placed another couch for me, and I stepped up the stairs to sit there.

I inhaled a deep breath and spotted the King among the others.

The announcers made some announcements and my father too.

My heart was beating so loud with anger and fear together that I could not listen to anything carefully.

I came to reality from the vivid thoughts playing my mind when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Time to speak whom have you chosen as a husband,"

My mother said and I looked at my parents through the veil.

I nodded and remembered my brother. Our playful childhood and memories we made.

Once again the thought of something happening to him crossed my mind and I collected my courage to stand up.

My mother joined me as I walked down the throne and looked at all the contenders.

My heart was aching to know that every woman has to go through this. To select a man for his whole life. With whom she would spend his life, make babies and share everything.

I had always wanted to marry after love. Because, the thought of marrying a unknown man always scared me.

But, loving a man scared me even more in reality.