70 ~ A Night Before Departure

1.25k Votes fastt!!!

I have decided to drop my exam attempt as I am unable to focus on studies. I don't know but something is wrong. By the way, please keep voting and vote on all the chapters if you have not. Now, this is not just about writing efforts but too much more that.

Next Update is also ready so vote fast

Nandani POV

He left for work after that and I inhaled a deep breath, still lying in bed. The next few days passed just like that. I was not feeling like doing anything though he was taking very good care of me and I was feeling entirely blessed.

You know when you put everything, literally everything on the stake to listen to your heart, when everyone opposes you, when everyone teaches you things but you know your heart, you know your courage, you know your strength, a moment would come when you would see it all back and feel, yes I did the right thing.

That was what I felt when I saw him feeding me with his hands when I saw him taking care of me and doing everything that I never saw a husband does for his wife. 

It had been almost a week since the incident with Abhinandan happened and a lot of things happened during these seven days.

With the peace treaty with Mahablaeshgarh, he managed to gain the trust of the people and sign peace treaties with the small princely states. Everything related to the peace treaties was majorly done and also the dates of Ranvijay and Aishwarya's marriage were also fixed. The priest suggested it to be after six months from now and I was literally happy for Ranvijay.

Though I tried to talk to him a lot about seeing the bride or his portrait before the wedding he denied saying that he was okay with things as it was. He said that the moment he said 'yes' to the wedding, she became his wife, now there was no point in trying to get a glimpse of her looks.

I did not know but I liked it.

And, apart from that, Rudra and I decided that I would leave for Mahabaleshgarh tomorrow morning as an informer informed us that Abhinandan had just arrived there. I was so excited and nervous to meet my brother after such a long time. But, a part of me was extremely worried as I still believed that there was something that I was unaware of. Like, there was something between these two men that I did not know. 

"Nandani,"

I was startled to hear his voice. My gaze lowered from the stars shining bright in the sky to his walking closer to me.

"Is it finished?"

I asked referring to the meeting that was now taking longer than before. It was ending till midnight these days as the Kings of the small Princely states were asking to wrap up all the proceedings as soon as possible.

"Yes,"

He answered.

I exhaled a deep breath when he wrapped his arms around me lovingly and I placed the back of my head against his chest feeling calm and comforted immediately.

My lashes forced close and I asked in a slow voice.

"How it went?"

He placed his chin on my head and intertwined his fingers with mine while answering.

"Smooth. I have to visit a few states to look what their progress looks like,"

He said.

I smiled.

"It is good that I am going to my home for some days otherwise I would have got utterly sad without you,"

He chuckled hearing me and said.