Chapter I

- Nathan –

Today is the first day of senior year, which I'm not thrilled about. Sure, I love spending time with my friends and everything, but the idea of school and homework just ruins the whole thing. Besides it's the first-year rogues will be attending school. Why you may ask. A treaty. A couple of months ago the Lazarus pack arrived and settled right next to our town. That usually means trouble. Lazarus pack is the biggest and strongest rogue pack in the east and, possibly, the country. Usually, when a rogue pack meddles around that means they'll be attacking soon. Because that's what rogues due: attack, conquer, ravage, and move on. We expected this to be the case, but instead, they offered peace. I don't know why our alpha, my father, even agreed to that meeting in the first place. We are the strongest settled pack around; we have the terrain advantage. But my father decided it was best to avoid bloodshed and accept the agreement. That was two months ago, during summer break. Now three rogues are to attend school with us as part of the treaty. Everyone in the pack is extremely tensed about it, me included.

I'm heading down to school; I usually go walking because it gives me time to think and relax. Our town is big, and wolves form over 80% of the population, but we still decide to remain undercover. Very few humans know of the existence of werewolves and those who do, are because they married one. So, I am worried rogues might do something to screw that up. Supposedly, they were informed and warned about it, but one can never know what goes through their head. As soon as I entered, I saw my best friend running towards me, with a big smile on his face.

- Nate! Hey man, what's up? – he asked me as he hugged me. He is a few inches taller than me, so I had to stretch up to reach him.

- A bit nervous to say the truth. – I responded scratching my neck. His face nodded in agreement.

- I know, rogues are driving everyone crazy, and they haven't even arrived yet. – he said just as enthusiastically.

The thing with Mason is that no matter what, he always tries to keep an optimistic attitude. Even when my father gathered the whole pack and delivered the news, Mason didn't seem to care. That was a tense day, we were expecting war, but I must admit I felt a bit relieved afterward. The rest of my pack was already there, as we entered the classroom. Well, at least those that shared this same class. We all knew each other, so we already knew where to sit. Of course, rogues were the topic of conversation. We were having a major discussion of what they'd look like when Mr. Harrison, our teacher ordered us to sit down. He is a werewolf too, so he understands the situation. That's when three figures entered the room.

The first one was a girl, about 5'6''with beautiful blond hair, and green eyes. All the female werewolves in the class growled under their breath. She was stunning and very comfortable with her body judging by her clothes. She wasn't showing too much skin, but the clothes seemed to barely fit her, catching all the guy's attention. She was followed by a boy taller than her with messy light brown hair and green eyes. They must be twins or something because they look very alike. Both looked extremely fit and unfriendly, even though they were smiling. The last one was a 6'1'', with dark hair and the most piercing grayish-blue eyes I've ever seen. He didn't even bother to smile, his face was just blank. They all seem so strong, ready to fight at any second.

- Welcome to River High. – Mr. Harrison's voice broke the silence. – My name is Mr. Harrison and I'll be your economics teacher. What are your names? – he asked politely. They looked at each other before speaking.

- My name is Maya Hemming, nice to meet you. – her voice sounded friendly yet firm. She looked around the classroom and offered a smile. I'm not sure if it's a sincere one.

- I'm Luke Hemming. – the boy said. That confirmed it, they are siblings.

- And I'm Caleb Brosme. – the last one said. The depth of his voice surprised me; he is my age, but his voice sounded so much older.