Chapter XXXIX

- Nathan -

- Why the big smile? – Nadia's voice says from behind. I turn around to see a smug on her face. Mason is beside her as well.

- How did you know I was smiling from behind? – I ask.

- Oh, please. You are practically skipping through the halls like little red Riding Hood. – she jokes. I chuckle.

- Really? – I say, surprised and a bit embarrassed.

- Yeah. – they say in unison. I chuckle as a smile paints my face.

- So, I assume it went well with your parents. – Mason comments.

- Yeah. They weren't so sure at first, but they understood eventually. – I explain briefly, trying to contain my excitement.

I turn to my locker to grab my history textbook and notebook. Not a lot of people are in the hall since classes soon start. Just a few people are around, and they look concentrated on their stuff. I doubt they'll even pay attention to us.

- Then it's settled. You two are official? – my beta asks, excited.

- Well, not yet. We still have to tell his pack before anything, which we are planning to do soon, but it shouldn't be a problem. – I say confidently, Mason nods understanding perfectly.

- How are you so sure? – Nadia asks.

- Well, rogues are more umm... traditional. – I tell her.

- What do you mean? – she inquires. I sigh, thinking about how to explain it.

- Rogues are more religious, you could say. – Mason starts.

- Oh, right. I was meaning to ask about that. Do you believe in God or how does it work? – her tone rises with curiosity.

- To be brief, we are polytheistic, we believe in many gods, but we mostly worship the Moon Goddess. Because, you know, the whole wolf stuff. – I say.

- Ohhhhh, interesting. – her eyebrows rise. – So, why aren't you religious? – she asks.

- We are, we worship the Moon Goddess just like them, but because our pack settled, the customs changed over time to blend better with humans. Rogues, on the other hand, still practice old traditions. – Mason adds.

- Isn't that a bad thing? After all, you two are guys, will they accept your relationship? – she inquires a little worried.

- Rogues don't care, it's our pack that has problems with gay relationships. – I explain.

- Really? Why? – she asks surprised.

- Humans have always had a problem with homosexuality. Your kind has started to accept them just recently. Since we need to blend in with humans, our pack started to adopt some of your customs. Many of us have that way of thinking because of our ancestors. But rogues don't share these thoughts. Gay, straight, bi... they don't care, it's all-natural for them. – Mason fills in smartly.

- Wow. – she exclaims amazed. - So, they are kind of old-modern fashion. – she suggests, making us chuckle.

- It's one way to say it. – Mason laughs.

- Yeah, and from what Caleb has told me, his pack really respects mates. Like, dead serious, mates are the most important thing for them. I doubt they'll disapprove. – I say, feeling so relieved.

- Oh my God, I'm so happy for you. – she says with a higher thrilled pitch, giving me a hug which a quickly accepted.

- Thanks. –