Chapter XII

- Nathan -

- Dad! Dad! – I stormed into my house and started searching desperately through the house.

I left school as soon as it was over. I'm worried about Caleb and the twins, they left very quickly and look distressed. I didn't need to smell their scent to know they were worried and scared they were because I am feeling the same. As soon as they heard the name Fowler, they started acting differently and more... carefully. Hunters never enter our territory, it's part of the agreement we have. Whenever they wish to meet, we gather at a place away from here, to avoid worrying the pack. However, this time they just appeared out of nowhere.

- Dad! – I shout louder this time, entering my father's studio.

My father is there all right, but to my surprise, he isn't alone. My mom, Jeremiah, Duke, and two other men are present. They are hunters, no doubt about it. They are having a meeting and I just ran straight into it.

- Nathan not now. – my mother scolds, gesturing me to leave.

- No, please. We're already done, let the boy stay. – one hunter said. He has a short beard and blondish hair. – So, this is your kid right? – he asks my father.

- Yes... - he looks at me with pride. – Let me introduce you. Nate, son, come here. – he said and I obeyed entering the room. - Nate this is Chris and Martin, gentlemen this is my son Nathan. – he introduced me.

- It's a pleasure to meet you. – I greet, extending my hand cordially.

- Likewise, good to finally meet the alpha's son. – Chris accepts the handshake firmly. The same went for the other hunter.

- You know, your father speaks wonder of you. I hope we can get along. – he says nicely.

- Of course. –

- You know, my daughter is going to assist to your school, maybe you can show her the school and introduce her around. – Chris adds.

- Oh, yeah. Dakota, right? I met her today at lunch along with some other. She seems nice. – I recall her from River High. Now that I think of it, they do look somewhat alike.

- Yeah, that's her. I'm glad you two already met. Well, either way. We won't take any more of your time Mr. and Mrs. Bryce. – he directs to my parents.

- No problem and we'll be sure to notify you of any information. – my father says.

- Okay we should get going, nice meeting you Nathan. – he says goodbye to my parents and the rest of the wolf's presents and left.

It took me some time to realize that I was in a room full of very upset wolves angry at me for barging in unannounced. Their glares are chilling to the bone, especially my mother's look. Ever since the rogues arrived in the summer, she's upset all the time.

- Nathan, son. You can't bust in like that. – my father states calmly. He's not upset, though.

- I'm sorry. I didn't think... - my mother sighs dramatically. – It won't happen again. – I assured.

- What is it? – he asks.

- I just wanted to see if you could explain a little more about why hunters are here. – I explained respectfully.

- Why do you think they're here. For the rogues! Why else would they be here? – my mother scolds upset.

- Darling... - my father tries easing her but to no success.

- Don't darling me. I told you it was a mistake to allow rogues to stay, but you didn't listen and now hunters are here; in our home! – she exclaims distressed.