Chapter XLVI

- Nathan -

           It's been three days since the attack on the Lazarus pack and I'm glad to say that things have turned for the better. I feel much better now, spending time with Caleb has certainly helped me regain my strength back. I do feel a little selfish for hogging so much of his attention when the rest of the pack needs him, but Alaric insisted to take two or three days to recover. The only issue is that I haven't met his family yet, since he insisted, he wanted me completely recovered and well. Besides, they all are busy working to help rebuild and take care of younglings. My parents swung by yesterday to check on me and bring some clothes. It was nice to see them alive and strong and it was even more gratifying to see them working so hard to help rebuild the Lazarus pack. This alliance will certainly benefit both packs. Maya comes by at least once a day to check on me. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she is a healer, and I can't believe Caleb kept this from me, but I certainly understand his reasoning. My parents and Jeremiah agreed to keep the secret and not tell the pack unless it was absolutely necessary. They also mentioned that part of the deal for me to stay was that I must finish my high school education. So, unfortunately for me, I still have to go to school today.

Moving in with Caleb has truly been a wish come true, he's been so supportive and loving. I look at myself in the mirror seeing my outfit. I've been sleeping these days with Caleb in his room. I smile is painted on my face as a picture of him slightly snoring comes to mind. How can he get even more adorable as he sleeps? It's good to go outside again, I'll get to see my friends and I'll come by my parent's house to pick up the rest of my clothes. I miss everyone so much.

- I wouldn't be so sure they want to see a killer. – that voice whispers in my head again.

It's been haunting me since the attack. I can feel it there, in the back of my head everywhere I go. For some reason, I can't get Klyn's voice out of my mind. It's eating at my sanity little by little, but I don't know what to do.

- Hey, are you ready? – Caleb's husky voice snaps me out of it. I turn around and look at him. He looks so sexy with that shirt that shows all his muscles. – My family is waiting downstairs to meet you. – he says excitedly. I smile in return.

- Yeah, yeah, I'm ready. – I stutter a little nervous. – Kind of nervous. – I confess.

- Oh, there's no need to be. – he walks up to me, putting his arms around my waist and bringing me close. – because they... – he pecks my lips lovingly. – ... are gonna love you. – he hugs me tighter.

- Okay fine, you convinced me. – I laugh. – Let's go. –

Pleased with himself Caleb kissed me one more time before intertwining our fingers with one hand and grabbing my backpack with the other one, hanging it on his shoulder. Walking outside the room I can't help noticing how smaller the house is from my old one. It's smaller but certainly cozier, I love this place. We find our way downstairs and walk through the kitchen door. A woman is facing toward the wall, cooking something. She turns around as she hears someone enter. She looks to be very young with beautiful dark hair and light brown eyes. Two kids are sitting down in their places eating their breakfast happily. And lastly, there's Jamie, the oldest of the three, standing next to them supervising that they are eating.

- Good morning. – his voice calls and suddenly all eyes turn in our direction. They land on me and start inspecting me from top to bottom. My Goddess, the pressure increases, and my nerves start growing.

- Callie! – the little girl says with joy, standing up and rushing to my mate. Wait... did she just call him "Callie"? Oh, he's so not going to hear the end of this. I laugh internally.