Chapter XLII

- Caleb -

Fuck! It took only a second, my eyes drifted off to Nathan. My blood froze seeing Tybalt's claws close around my mate's neck. At that moment, my soul left my body, and I could feel the strength leave my body. One second, I let my guard down one second and Klyn tackled my body to the ground. In one swift movement, he slashed at me. I had to twist my body with all my strength to avoid the fatal blow to the neck. However, he did manage to slash my shoulder. The soaring pain momentarily burned my flesh, but my eyes stuck to his hand, to try and predict his next attack. His claws approached my head and I barely managed to intercept the blow by grabbing his hand. It takes all my strength to contend against him. He's a fucking Alpha, it's only a matter of time before he overpowers me. My heart's racing and my senses are spiking like crazy. I can feel the adrenaline rush through my body. My eyes land on Nathan, his face is pale white and for the first time, I smell fear coming off him.

- Cal! – his voice breaks mid-scream, Tybalt grabbing his throat.

No, I can't die. If I die, they'll kill him next. My grip on Klyn's wrist strengths, he looks down at me with a confused glimmer in his eyes. I can see my eyes shining blue in the reflection of his murderous red eyes. I push back against him with all my might, with a force I didn't even know I had. I feel his grip on me trembling as somehow, I manage to push him back slowly. His eyes are wide open and the cocky grin on his face disappears, taking it seriously. He roars furiously at me, desperately trying to intimidate me, but it has the opposite effect. I roar back at him confidently and for the first time in the battle, I feel like I can have the upper hand if I can get him off me.

I continue pushing back against him, watching closely for any gap or way to get him off me. The Alpha tries his best to keep me in place. He's starting to get desperate; I can feel it.

- Kill him! – he struggles to yell.

- What? – the Beta in Command asks, confused.

- Are you fucking deaf? Just kill him and get here already! – he commands using his alpha voice.

Tybalt looks taken aback by the command of his alpha; he probably didn't think he'd need his help. It takes him a second to snap out of it and nods. He draws his claws, but before he tears his neck someone punches his jaw, breaking it and stunning the beta enough for Nathan to get out of his grip. My eyes land and the figure; Nymeria and my heart eases off a little. Ignorant of who joined the fight, Klyn decided to pull back getting off me. Tybalt grabbed his jaw and forcefully fixed it back together, shaking it off like nothing and readying himself to fight.

- You good, Cal? – Nymeria asked, her eyes fixed on the duo.

- Yeah. – I respond quickly. I sprint to check if Nathan's okay.

- I'm fine don't worry. – he says, a wave of relief washes through me.

- This isn't over yet. – Klyn says, Tybalt next to him fully recovered and ready to fight.

- You don't have to do this. – Nathan adds, trying to find a peaceful solution. I love him with all my soul, but we are far past that. We need to focus on surviving now and if I must kill these two to make sure he's safe, then I'll do it.

Klyn chuckles mockingly. – What makes you think I'll listen to you fucking domestic? You may think you have the upper hand, but there's no one here to protect you. Tybalt here has killed three elites all on his own, he can easily kill a wannabe alpha and her future bitch in command. – he threatens, the beta in command shining his blue eyes.

- That's where you're wrong. My father's coming and when he gets here, he'll kill every single one of you. – my mate's voice threatens. I have to admit, it's kind of hot seeing him this way.