Chapter XXXIII

- Nathan -

We didn't actually go to my house after leaving Nadia and Mason. I love them and I want Mason to get Violet to fall in love with him, but I have problems of my own. For example, right now, for the love of the Moon Goddess, I can't stop kissing Caleb. That's right, we sneaked back to the library to make out before dinner. Does that make me a terrible friend? I don't know and, right now, I don't care when his lips brush so perfectly against mine. The library is even emptier than before, which is better if you think about it. There are only about eight people left, counting the librarian, out of which none are werewolves. That allows us to be a little less quiet and discrete.

Caleb's lips are so addictive! They are so soft and passionate, and he tastes so good. I know it's probably just the mate bond talking, but I can't wait to marry him. We've been taking this relationship far too slow, my wolf urges for more intimacy. I stop masking my scent, he moans with pleasure as my smell fills the area.

- We probably shouldn't be doing this here. – he says between kisses.

- Yeah? Do you want to stop? – I say smugly.

- No. – he says. – But your bodyguards might want us to. – he adds casually. I instantly break the kiss.

- What? – I say, befuddled.

- They are coming. – he says with a smirk on his face.

I listen closely and sense Valery and the others walking toward the library. I pull my phone from my pocket and see the screen. 19:48. What? So late, already? Time just flew by; I couldn't get to do anything with my mate. Well, we wouldn't have done much, it's the school's library. Maybe some dry humping or something. Fuck. I'm still hard.

- Calm down, we'll have plenty of time for that later. – he says smugly and pecks my lips before putting some distance between us.

- Yeah, right. – I say sarcastically.

- We should probably get going before they smell anything. – he says.

- Relax it was just a little. The smell will fade by tomorrow. –

- Oh, I know. But your scent is so intoxicating I can't control myself around it. – he says flashing his eyes blue for a second. I chuckle and laugh a little.

- Fine, let's go. – I accept.

We grab our backpacks and walk downstairs casually. We wish Petunia a goodnight before walking outside the building. Jordan, Tobias, and Valery are just outside, they looked like they were about to enter. Just in time, we're safe. Otherwise, they might have picked up on the scent on the third floor. The pack is going to find out after tonight, but I don't want it to be because they smelled lust from our make-out session on the library's third floor.

- We were just looking for you. – Valery says nicely.

- Yeah. Nadia and Mason swung by, and we lost track of time sorry. We should get going. – I say quickly, smartly avoiding any specific detail.

- Okay. – she says.

Without further delay, we started walking toward my house. It's just a couple of blocks away, so it won't take us much time to get there. The sun is starting to set, and the sky is painted with an orange pallet. It's quite soothing, to be honest. With every step I take, I can feel my heart beating louder. What if they don't approve? What if they force me to break up with him? My Goddess, I can already see my mother's disapproval in her eyes. My nerves grow bigger and it's getting harder to breathe. Caleb playfully bumps his shoulder against mine, breaking that chain of thought. He gives me a gentle smile and keeps walking like nothing. Right, I'm not alone. I smell my red bracelet to calm myself. It smells like him, it's so comforting. Before I know it, we are standing in front of my porch. This is it.