Chapter XVI

- Caleb -

- Hahahahahaha, it was hilarious. He threw you around like a rag doll. –

- Yeah, and you landed on your face. Hey Cal, how does dirt taste? – Maya commented laughing uncontrollably.

We're on our way to River Valley through the forest and the twins are making fun of me since yesterday's training. At least once a week we get to train with Elites to improve. Yesterday afternoon we trained with them, I got partnered up with Gregory, and it's safe to say he kicked my ass.

- Yeah, yeah, keep laughing. When you defeat Gregory come talk to me. – I defended myself, and I'm starting to get tired of them.

- Oh, come on Cal, don't be like that. We're just having fun. – she said nicer but still with a mocking tone.

- Yeah bro, and besides, for the most part, you held your own very well. – Luke said trying to ease off the tension.

- Yeah, right. – I discarded it quickly, not caring.

- Don't bitter yourself. It's our way to say we like you. – Maya said hugging me. – Happy Birthday doofus. -

***** Flashback *****

Gregory charged at Caleb at full speed. The gigantic wolf looked like he could take on anyone with ease. His bulky arms could break bones like pencils. He is stronger, smarter, and with tons of more experience than the young wolf with whom he is sparing. And still, despite de odds against him, Caleb had managed to hold his ground against the elite; using speed and agility to compensate and level things out. Everyone is there, well, at least everyone worth mentioning. Luke, Maya, Dyrus, and some elites along with their kids called Tyler, Brady, Tala, and Conan. The high table is there as well: Lawrence, Convel, and, of course, Alaric and Nymeria. All are present and carefully watching the battle. The atmosphere was dramatic, rogues aren't particularly quiet, and a fight between the third in command and the future beta in command isn't the exception.

- Come on, Caleb. – Luke's cheers could be heard in the background.

- You got this in the bag. – Maya joined in.

The young wolf, although grateful for his friend's support, wanted them to shut up and allow him to concentrate. One wrong move and he's done. Gregory charged at him rapidly for a man his size and threw a punch, Caleb barely managed to evade the attack. He tried getting some distance to think of a strategy, but the older wolf wasn't making it easy. He kept pressuring, rushing in, and throwing punches to different areas. This time Caleb couldn't dodge the incoming attack. Instead, he intercepted it with a punch of his own. It was tough, the hit was intense, knuckles against knuckles. The collied was overwhelmingly strong, pushing Caleb back a little. Gregory wasn't done, he took the momentum and continued attacking trying to catch the young wolf off guard. The young man quickly dealt with the attacks by redirecting them or stopping them. He is doing an amazing job defending, but he's not landing any punches. Gregory started attacking even more ferociously, his strength and speed increasing with every punch. Caleb was being overpowered, it looked like he couldn't keep up anymore.

The elite was bullying the young wolf, dominating the battle. He kept pressuring from different directions, throwing punches at different areas of the wolf's body, forcing him to react. He threw a punch from the side, straight to Caleb's head. The future beta in command reacted quickly, stepping in and blocking the punch with his arm and then landing a hit on the stomach. It took the third in command by surprise, the punch was heavy, able to leave him out of breath. Taking advantage of the moment Caleb quickly kicked Gregory's right knee, making him fall before landing another hit, this time on the face. The punch threw him straight to the ground. Silence took over; no one was expecting it. Even Alaric seemed to be impressed by the action.