Chapter XXVI

- Caleb -

My ribs crack as Gregory lands a full kick to my torso, sending me flying to the ground. The adrenaline rushing through my body eases the pain, I can feel my body starting to heal already. It hurts, but I can handle it. I'm more worried by the Elite's constant attacks. It's safe to say he's kicking my ass but doesn't look like he's not stopping any time soon. I can only protect myself from all the incoming attacks. Damn, Gregory, he's way too strong. He corners me against a wall and lands a full punch straight to my jaw. The hit is enough to knock me to the ground. My head's spinning and I start seeing blurry. I bring my hands to my head; I apply some pressure to relieve some stress. I can see Gregory's faded image walking away, perhaps he got tired of bullying me. My vision hasn't cleared so I close my eyes and try to concentrate on healing. I can hear Dyrus's mocking comments along with some elites. I get an urge to shut them up, but my head is still spinning from the beating.

- Don't give up, Cal. – Nymeria's voice sounds in my ear.

I open my eyes and turn to see her; she's looking down at me with a serious face, I know that look. She hasn't given up on me. She wants me to stand up and keep fighting, but I don't think I can defeat Gregory. He's way too experienced and strong. Nymeria's eyes glare at me, prompting me to keep fighting. Screw it. Nymeria never gave up when she was fighting against Larissa even though she was at a disadvantage. Why should I give up now? I'm the fucking Beta in Command, not some ordinary wolf he can throw around as he pleases. I fist my hands and my vision starts clearing, I can see Gregory walking away. My blood starts boiling through my body, reaching every muscle, vein, artery, and ligament. I shine my eyes blue, and I can feel the adrenaline rushing through my body, making me stronger. I spit some blood in my mouth and stand up, this fight isn't over.

- I'm not done yet. – I tell him with a firm serious tone. Gregory turns around and looks at me and chuckles.

- Okay. – he mumbles and takes a fighting stance.

Normally, Gregory would stop the fight after such a beating, but he doesn't this time. Maybe he saw me so determined, he decided to keep fighting. Whatever his reason was, I don't care. I'm not losing this fight, not again. He charges at me and starts attacking. Every punch and hit is stronger than the previous one. I get why he was named Gamma, but I was named Beta in Command. That means I must be stronger than him. Gregory starts cornering me again, but this time push him back, dodging a punch. Fuck this, I'm done dodging and running it's my time to attack. I run towards him very quickly, he shifts to a defensive stance waiting for my movement. I jump and through two kicks in the air. He blocks them easily, but I don't cease with my attacks and manage to get through his defensive wall, landing a hook to the ribs. It felt incredibly satisfying to feel something crack as my fists connected with his body.

His eyes glow electric blue and a small growl escapes his lips. He just got serious. Any other time I would've gotten intimidated by this display of aggression, but not this time. I know I can win this, there's nothing he can do I haven't seen before. So, I shine my eyes again and growl lowly as well. The wolves grow quiet, not expecting me to do it.

- Caleb... - Maya says lowly, she's cheering for me too internally, everyone is.

Our fists collided with one another, and the cracking of our knuckles could be heard from afar. Every attack is either blocked, dodged, or intercepted by another attack. We are not giving an inch. I can feel my strength matching his, perhaps even stronger. He throws an attack and I stop it by with an open hand, grabbing onto his fist. He's impressed by this, so I quickly pull him closer and land a quick uppercut to the nose. Blood starts dripping off his nose, but he doesn't stand down. He throws a powerful punch to my side I receive it with my shoulder. I knew he was playing before; this strength and ferocity are way more vicious and precise. The fight continues like this for a while, and neither of us is showing any sign of weakness. We hold each other forearms and continue pushing each other. His eyes shine blue, and his fangs begin to grow. I look at his hands currently holding my forearm and his claws are out. He roars loud trying to intimidate me into submission. Well, if he's not holding himself, neither am I. My eyes shine, fangs come out and claws sharpen as I roar just as loud.