Finding out

A/N: Jenna x Reader

Requested by: Lucastrans2006

Summary: Y/n is autistic and her and Jenna are going on a date for the first time, Jenna finds out she's autistic and she feels comforted in knowing Jenna doesn't care.

I changed the idea a little as Y/n was gonna have a stutter but I don't really feel like I would do it any justice with just researching so, I'm sorry! <3

Also Y/n will kinda act like Sam from Atypical as that's the only person I've watched who I know has autism and I've also done a bit of research on how people with autism act, behave, etc.

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I won't lie, I'm a little bit nervous for going out on a date with this really beautiful girl that I met. Her name is Jenna and she seems really nice. She was nice to me when I met her at a bookshop, anyway. So, hopefully she's still nice. She asked me if I wanted to hang out at this restaurant and when I told my younger sister about it, she told me it was a date.

I don't believe her though.

Surely, she would've made it clear that it was a date. No?

"Sarah." I call on my sister, waiting a few seconds but she doesn't come. I sigh, heading into her room and see her pull away from kissing her girlfriend, she turns to me.

"What do you want?" She asks, rudely.

"I need help." I tell her, speaking in my usual monotone voice. I tried to have emotion in my voice when someone asked why I didn't have any emotion behind my words and when I did, it just sounded as if I was making fun of everyone which made people dislike me more. Why? I don't know. My mom told me that people were sensitive and that if they feel like they are being judged or being made fun of, that makes them not want to talk to you.

"Go ask mom." She suggests, glancing at her girlfriend, Abi, before looking back at me. "I'm not a therapist." She tells me,

"I know, if you were, you wouldn't be so obnoxious and rude..." I reply, seeing her roll her eyes.

"Ouch."

"...But you normally have decent-ish advice." I continue on to say,

"If I'm so mediocre then why're you coming to ask me for help?" Sarah answers in return with a question,

"Because you're a girl."

"Oh, wow, I didn't notice that."

"That sounds sarcastic." I tell her,

"It's because I'm being sarcastic." Sarah informs me, I glance around the confused on why she's being sarcastic.

"Why?"

"Look, what do you need help with?"

"I have a date." I tell her, fixing my posture and standing a little taller.

"Care to elaborate?"

"I need topic starters." I explain to her, seeing her hum and nod her head.

"Well, imagine if you were talking to your friend, Sav." She informs me, "Keep the conversation easy, light, ask her some questions like 'What do you do for a living?' and seem interested in her life." she continues onto explain to me, "That enough for you?" She asks, I'm writing it down in my journal. I finish writing it and nod my head.