Mystery Unsolved 2

A/N: Jenna x Reader

part twoooo

wooooooo

here we go!

________________________________________________________________________________

Jenna's POV:

I plug my earphones into my phone and begin to play some music, beginning to already think about what I could write about. This transcript is so helpful, and it helps me get a better idea of Nicole but one thing that really surprised me is that Kate thought that Nicole would do anything for money?

How far will she go for money?

What will she do just for some money?

Where did the money even come from?

I have to dig deeper, a lot deeper. But this is a start— a good start. I just need to find a way that I can maybe get an interview with Nicole's best friend who thankfully is Ceana's older sister, Eva, I might need to ask Ceana if she can talk to Eva for me. I barely see her as she's always at her work or with her friends.

I arrive home and open my door, sniffling as I try to blow heat into my hands, it being a chilly day. I untie my laces and take my converse off and set them on a rack.

"Honey, is that you?" I hear my dad shouting on me, walking into the hallway. "Ah, can you help me?" He whispers, glancing into the living room. I nod my head and follow him into the garden, he directs me over toward the fireplace that we have. "See that tiny gap?"

"Yep." I answer, softly. Glancing at the tiny gap then at my dad, seeing him look at me expectantly.

"I... accidentally dropped my phone in there." He sheepishly admits, my eyebrows raise as I try not to smile smugly yet I can't fight it. It's too funny. I snicker under my breath, hearing him nudge me. "Yeah, yeah." I hear him say softly, shaking his head and sighing. "Can you help?"

"Sure."

"Please don't tell your mother, I really did forget that it was in my pocket." Dad expresses to me, sincerely. I look at him, seeing his red face and beads of sweat dripping down his face. I glance at what he could've been working on only to see that the shed door is open. He's cleaning the shed.

"How were you working on the shed that's over there and drop your phone over here?" I ask him, curiously.

"Well... I needed a little... break." He explains, "So, I sat down on the two stairs and... well, yeah. It just slipped." He continues onto explain making me laugh, softly. "Sh!" He shushes me, urgently, pointing at the window that looks into the living room. Window's open. I look back at him and sit down, using my phone as a torch and digging my hand in there, I manage to get a grasp of his phone and struggle to pull up his phone, yet I end up getting a cut on my hand. "Shit—Shh! Shh! Okay, okay, follow me." He says, taking my hand in his, kissing it better for me then directing me into the kitchen, putting the cut under the water. While I'm cleaning my cut, he gets me a plaster and dries my hand, I hiss in pain, and he begins to dab the towel on it. "Ooh, that looks sore." He says, glancing between me and the cut. "Are you okay?" He asks me, looking scared. I hum, softly.

"I'm okay, it's just a little stingy." I express to him, he inspects the plaster with his tongue slightly sticking out, his eyebrows furrowing downward. Before looking back and moving his tongue back in his mouth. He rests his eyebrows and looks at me, hopeful.

"Is that better?"

"Loads." I sarcastically reply, sending him my best smile. He rests his shoulders and shakes his head.