Chap 4: Human vs Witch

(Art isn't mine.)

Luz's Pov:

My legs were numb. I couldn't believe what I was doing. I took a deep breath and replayed the scene of Amity hurting King's feelings by stomping on his cupcake. Amity did that on purpose and I promised I would avenge King. I told Eda about the situation and she isn't quite worried about it. Not even breaking a sweat. 

I looked at the crowd, woah, a lot of people. If I failed this, not only will I be in total embarrassment, I have to quit learning the ways of being a witch. I can't do that. I've already come so far into this realm. I'm still getting used to it, but I would do anything to stay here. I don't prefer going back, though I do feel guilty for leaving mami behind. I took a deep breath in before letting it out. 

"Don't worry about it kid, I've got a trick up my sleeves," Eda winked. "What is it?" I asked. She pointed to the sand dunes. "Each of the sand dunes you see have a surprise in them once something stands or steps on it," Eda explained. She looked proud of her handiwork, I still wasn't sure. I walked towards Amity. She was prepared and I had no training what so ever. 

The battle started and everyone cheered. Amity summoned her abomination and made it chase me. "Oh shoot," I stared at it in horror and ran for my life. The abomination struck at me and I was cornered. I had no where to go. All of a sudden a loud boom erupted causing the abomination to be set on fire before it stopped burning. Everyone grew silent. What just happened? 

The crowd went wild. They were amazed at my stunt, but I knew it wasn't me. I continued to run away and the abomination stepped on another sand dune. It flew into the air and so did Amity. Once the wind stopped, it fell with a thud and Amity landed gracefully. I was in awe before shaking myself when I realised the abomination was about to charge at me. There was another sand dune and it stepped onto it and exploded. Everyone was excited. 

Y/n's Pov:

Well, my thought about humans having no powers immediately turned into dust. My siblings were shocked at what was happening. I looked around else where and noticed a small creature. I decided to go over there and help them. "Uh, I'm just gonna help someone out if that's fine," I told my siblings. They just nodded and they were still dumbfounded.

"Do you need help?" I asked the creature. "Weh?" The creature faced me and tripped on it's scarf. Oh no. I chased after it but I was too late they had already landed on the battle ground where Amity and Luz was. I stood on the railing and the ground rose up revealing spikes. I closed my eyes but opened when I heard no one screaming. The creature was okay. Phew. Then I noticed Amity's scorned expression and Luz's apologetic expression. It appeared to me that Amity was about to step on the sand before the creature had fallen and that Luz warned her not to go forward. 

"Spikes!?" Luz looked at her mentor. Eda pulled a thumbs up while smiling. "You cheated! You tried to kill me!" Amity pointed at Luz. Her mentor walked beside her. "No Amity, I didn't know that was going to happen," Luz tried to tell her but Amity denied it.

"Who could believe anything you say?" Amity stormed off. It looked like the battle was over before Eda went to stop Amity. That's when she revealed a glyph. "A power glyph from the construction coven," Eda announced. The crowd was shocked and so was I. Several whispers were heard, everyone was astounded by learning that Amity Blight had cheated. Amity was shocked herself before running away, Luz followed her. I still couldn't process what was happening. Once I did, it looked like both mentors were making their apprentice cheat. Lilith putting a glyph on Amity and Eda placing those things in sand dunes.

My sister tugged my shirt. "We gotta head going now, things are taking a turn for the worst," Ellory stared down at the battle field below. I looked too and we saw Eda and Lilith fighting one another. "Yeah, it's best if we leave."

We made it back home and I immediately fell on my bed. I already ate and changed. Quince was given her daily fed and she had already fell asleep. There was a thought going through my head about Amity.

A straight A student had cheated and they didn't realise that. She ran off when it was revealed. Was she doing the best work because she had a fear of failure or is it something else? Something wasn't right about her. I decided to think about that later, for now I'll just go to sleep.

Third Pov:

It was a windy day outside the Blight manor. Amity was still shaken about the fact her mentor had planted that glyph on her neck. Embarrassment overflooded her. What would her parents react when they figured out their daughter had cheated in a battle against a human? The thought haunted her.

-

At the owl house, Luz was still finding the time to process what happened today. She and Amity both lost the battle, which means nobody won. Atleast nobody was hurt too. Eda was proud of her distraction on Lilith and King was happy to get free stuff from the covens.

-

The emperor's castle was held guarded. The golden guard stared at the ceiling bored. I haven't seen Y/n at all today while I was on patrol. Where is she? He thought. Wait, why am I even thinking about her? The golden guard rose up and his face turned red. Ugh, Y/n L/n, you are the most annoying person I know and like..

Word Count: 990