Chap 12: Dancing with You

(Hunter in a suit is something I didn't know I needed. Well, I found the artist who created this beautiful art, Taikims! Their post is on twitter and they deserve credit for making this.) 

Y/n's Pov:

Fynn had tears in his eyes. Not sad tears, but tears that showed how proud he was seeing me. Ellory tried to calm him down but he couldn't help it. "I can't believe our younger sister has grown up," He wailed. "I'm only sixteen, Fynn." I muttered and smiled. "You're so beautiful," He cried on my shoulder as I patted him on the back. I went with a floofy pinkish-beige-ish dress.

(What the dress looks like below)

(And for those who prefer to wear a suit)

(If they aren't your choice, well, you can imagine something else

(If they aren't your choice, well, you can imagine something else.) :]

"Y/n just saying, if you want to leave just call us on your scroll, okay?" Ellory reminded me for the tenth time already. "I will!" I was about to get off my sister's staff when Ellory pulled me into a hug. "You look lovely," Ellory whispered to my ear. "Thank you," I whispered back. She flew away and I slowly walked inside the school.

It was prepped with decor and there wasn't many people inside. The hallways were blank and I thought there'd be a lot of students roaming the halls. 'Guess I came in early.' I continued walking when I heard the sound of music. I went towards it and saw that everyone was in the gym. As I walked in, people stared at me in awe. I couldn't handle this much attention so I scurried off to where the fruit punch was.

"Woah, is that you cutie?" The two people I didn't wish to see. "Why if it isn't the two people I wanted to see!" I faked a smile. Edric pulled out his hand, "Care for a dance?" 

I responded, "Not a chance, Green Boy." 

He shrugged it off. Emira pushed him aside, "What about me, sweety?" I answered, "Sorry, I don't want to dance." The twins were disappointed but they got over it. I sipped my punch while watching people dance. I haven't seen a single person wearing a white hood or a golden mask and ash blonde hair. There were a few blondes, but not the same colour as Goldie's. 

I sighed before the speakers announced it was time for the Grom Queen to battle Grom. Students sat on the benches to watch Luz battle. One by one, her fears were defeated. Everyone cheered. Suddenly, Luz's fear changed into a door? Then someone stepped out of it. As it stood there with Luz for a while, it finally formed into something hideous. A fearsome beast. Luz sprinted out of here, causing panic to the other students. "Quince!" I shouted out. Quince appeared out of a secret pocket beneath my ruffles. I fled away from the scene. I didn't wish for Grom to become my worst fear. 

Once I reached what I thought was safe, I landed. Then I realised, the Boiling Isles wasn't always a safe place. Grom appeared in front of me. I took a step back and began to shiver. The beast was shaking. It was turning into my worst fear. It transformed into a similar shape to the Golden Guard and he charged right at me. I dodged his attacks but I knew I couldn't best him. He struck hard and my staff was thrown far away from me. I was trapped. I tried to defend myself with a shield, but he broke it within minutes. It was no use. I closed my eyes and sat on the ground. Tears flowed down my face. The last thing I would see is my friend attacking me.

"I thought you wouldn't give up?" A voice remarked. I wiped the tears from my eyes and saw, "Goldie!" He smiled and waved. Grom slithered to him. Goldie sneered and struck him with his artificial staff. He striked several times at Grom and Grom winced. The creature slithered away finding another victim nearby. Goldie stared for a moment at where Grom had went to. I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. "Goldie! I-I-" I stammered when he grabbed my hands and pulled me close. "Y/n, are you hurt? I'm sorry I came in late," He apologised. I continued to cry, it made me feel weak when I cried in front of Goldie. He lifted my head up and wiped the tears away. He then kissed me softly on the forehead. "Y/n, please don't cry."

I sniffled and nodded. He let go of my cheeks. I looked at him again to notice, magenta eyes staring at me. He didn't wear his mask. "You didn't wear your mask?" I pointed. "Yeah, it wouldn't match with what I'm wearing anyway," He smiled. I took note of all his facial features. When I did that, he noticed and smirked, "Like what you see~?" I blushed, "No! Of course not!" 

He let out a chuckle. We walked out of the forest trying to go back to Hexside but ran into a blossoming tree. "Wow," I exclaimed. "Can I tell you something, Y/n?" Goldie asked. "What is it?" I looked at him. "Promise you won't tell anyone?" He informed. 

"I promise."

"Can you call me Hunter?" 

"Hunter? Is that your name?"

"Yeah."

"Hunter." I repeated once more. "It suits you, but can I call you this new nickname I thought about?"

"Like what?"

"Lover boy," I teased. He sighed, "Fine, you can call me Lover boy." I jumped happily, "Yay!" 

"If you dance with me," He motioned his hand towards me. "With pleasure," I took his hand and we glided across the grass.

"Never knew you could dance, lover boy," I taunted. "Just because I allowed you to use that nickname, doesn't mean you get to use it all the time," Hunter responded. Hunter continued to sway me around. I laughed at him when we 'accidently' get our faces too close. Though it made me flustered too. 

.

.

.

Memories like these should be cherished. Memories like these would perish. One shall fall and one shall rise. It only takes time...

.

.

.