Chap 39: Making Friends?

(Hunter has ringsssss. The artist is @Xcept on pinterest!)

Hunter's Pov:

All eyes were on me. I felt like I was worth everything to these people. They watched me fly, do back flips and tricks. They were amazed with my stunts. All of them were improvised by yours truly. But, how did I get here again?

-Flashback-

I had arrived Hexside and changed my uniform to match with other students. Of course, I had to keep myself in disguise. Also had to make sure no one that I knew of would be anywhere. If they saw me, they'd be suspicious of what I'm doing here in the first place. Don't want that to happen. 

The mission was to find new recruits. There were plenty of students at Hexside, I've heard that they'd won several championships in the past, so they could be used as extra muscle. I've also heard that some are very talented with casting spells. As I wandered around, I saw a potential individual. "Hello, classmate! How would you like to join the emperor's coven!" I greeted. "Uh, sure? I guess," He answered. "Great! That means you'll have to leave your family behind and practice extra lots to become strong. And a bonus, you get to wak up extra early, I bet you could do that!" I explained. Silence. He suddenly dashed off. "Eh? Hey!" I chased after them. 

No luck finding that guy anymore. I found other people, "Hello! Did you know, that the training is super easy. You get to climb all the way to the top of the knee with no supervision. Of course the strong have to go on, but the weak, ehh, not so much." They started to walk away. 'Why was it so hard to convince them? It wasn't that bad.' "You get a lot of cold meals up there too, if that's what you guys like!" I yelled. 

No matter how hard I tried, nothing convinced anyone to fully join the coven. They either denied the request, ignore and completely question how the coven treats its soldiers. Some people also threw nasty comments and I just had to have a small conversation with them. 

"How did these children get swelled up and severely bruised?" A nurse said to a teacher. "I don't know, we made sure there wouldn't be any sort of violence during these events," The teacher responded. "We'll make sure that our students are more careful," Another teacher exclaimed. I walked past that commotion. 'I wonder who would do such a thing?'

I looked around to find more suitable people, but found no one. "I guess, that's it," I stared down. Flapjack chirped beside me. "I guess, I'll have to head back. I'm probably not worthy of that sigil anyway," I turned back and a loud hiss startled me. I hadn't realised that I stepped on a griffin's tail. "Oh, shit," I swore.

"Puddles! No!" A girl yelled as I got Flapjack. He transformed to a staff and rose up to the sky. I dodged the griffin's attack by moving swiftly. I flew through like a leaf in the breeze. I looked back and saw the griffin was caught. Phew, I was safe. Who knew I'd be so wrong. "Hey, you!" Someone yelled. All of a sudden, vines grabbed onto me and pulled me down, plummeting towards the ground.

A girl had caught me and there was no way to escape. I froze in terror and struggled with getting the vines loose. The girl walked up to me. I was prepared for the worst.

"Want to join my flyer derby team?" 

-End of Flashback-

And that was how I met Willow and Gus. I gave myself a fake alias, Caleb Jasper Bloodwilliams. No one would suspect me doing anything suspicious because none of them recognise me as the golden guard. Unless Luz and Amity were in the crowd, but its not like they'll come up to me and fight me will they? And y/n. Y/n was... Actually, I'm not sure where or what Y/n would be doing. 

The crowd cheered and I landed gracefully on the stage where Willow stood. "Great job, Hunter! You really impressed them," She complimented. "Yeah, way to go buddy," Gus patted me on the back. 'Huh, it seems like I'm getting more encouragment by them than Belos ever does.' The crowd seperates and there was only one person left standing there, clapping. "Bravo, that was a wonderful perfomance, not to mention, an appearance to the public," They smiled.

'I knew that smile anywhere. What were they planning?' "Y/n! Am I so glad to see you! Did you see Caleb's stunt? Wasn't it amazing?" Willow comments. "Oh, Caleb?" Y/n glances at me. Her eyes were locked with mine. I could tell she was curious on why I used a fake name. "Yes, and you are?" I tried my best to keep up this pretend-not-to-know-each-other act. 'I swear on the titan, please y/n, play along with me.'

"Y/n, Y/n L/n," She shook hands with me and pulled me close. "You owe me," She whispers before pushing me back and pretending that didn't happen. "Would you look at that, you two are getting along so well!" Willow sounded excited. "Wait till you meet the other members of the team, oh, actually we could do that now!" I was dragged away by Willow. 

---

Y/n's Pov:

I waved goodbye to Hunter. 'Why isn't it such a surprise to see him here?' He had used a fake name and made sure no one would figure out his true identity. How he was so lucky to not be caught by Luz and Amity was unknown. Those two were no where in sight. They weren't even at their booth. 

"So, Gus, how's the team coming along?" I asked. "It's going well, we have five members and thats the limit to the average flyer derby team," Gus informed. "That's cool, who are your members?" I replied. "You'll see at the game," That was all he said and then left.

.

.

.

Word Count: 996