Chap 13: Aftermath

(Honestly, I would overthink about having a crush. Art isn't mine and I don't own it.)

Y/n's Pov:

We flew on Hunter's staff to my house. Quince jumped off his shoulder and went on my hand. "See you next time?" I asked. 

"Yeah," He responded.

I pecked his cheek softly and waved him goodbye. He slightly blushed and the tip of his ears went red. 'He's so cute.' He flew away up into the sky. 'Since when do I have the confidence to do that?' 

"Nice move sister, is that your boyfriend?" Fynn leaned against the door. I immediately froze. "Is that the reason why you took so long to get ready? Did you want to impress him that bad?" Ellory pointed out. My face burned in embarrassment. "He's not my boyfriend and I did not take that long to get ready!" 

"Rightttt. We saw you kissing his cheek," Fynn mentioned. 

"It was just a peck!" 

"Don't worry sis, we aren't mad at you having a boyfriend. But we will get mad if you continue lying to us," Ellory insisted.

"I told you he isn't my boyfriend!" My face was turning more red. I pushed both of them aside and went straight to my bedroom.

-

Lover Boy's Pov:

I flew on my staff back to the Emperor's Castle. Luckily, Kikimora wasn't nearby so I could sneakily head to my room without her being suspicious. If she caught me she would threaten me with the fact she saw me sneak out and would tell on me to the Emperor. She's such a snitch. I crept upstairs and made it inside my bedroom. I shut the door and collapsed on my bed. 

'She kissed me on the cheek. She kissed me on the cheek.' Thoughts roamed in my head about what we did tonight made me blush, but it also made me anxious. 'Is this how you treat a close friend? Is she even a friend though or is she more than that?' 

I couldn't believe myself. All of a sudden a scout barged into my room. 

"Sir! I'm sorry to disturb you but- Wait, why are you in a suit?" Steve pointed at my suit. 

"Don't you know how to knock?!" I yelled. Steve bowed apology. I sighed and stood up. "What is it?" I snarled bitterly.

"I just wanted to show you the follower your so interested in. She just posted something," Steve handed me his scroll. I quickly snatched the scroll off his hands. Y/n's post was with her and her friends. The human, a couple of students and then me. Our photo together was edited with hearts and stars surrounding us. I stared at our photo in awe.

"Are you alright sir?" Steve tapped on my shoulder. I cleared my throat, "Yes, I am." Steve walked out of my room and I stared blankly at the ceiling. 'I should change into something else before someone comes in again.'

-

Y/n's Pov:

'Do I like him? Should I... no. I shouldn't. He probably doesn't feel the same way and I shouldn't rush things between us.' Someone knocked on my door. "Come in!" I called. Ellory walked in, "Can't sleep?" I nodded in response.

"Are you thinking about your boyfriend?" She teased. I threw a pillow at her. She laughed and I clearly wasn't amused. "Alright, I'll stop. Who is he anyway?" She asked.

"He's my.. friend," I hesitated. Ellory stared at me skeptically. "You hesitated when you said that. Is he really your friend or is he something else?" I went silent for a while. 'Was he friend? I mean, it seems like he's more than that, but I don't really know anymore.'

"I won't ask you about it, but I'll stay a bit curious," Ellory stated. We hugged each other for a while before discussing our relationships with people. "So, there's this cute guy I met while hanging out with other covens. He's from the construction coven. He seemed tough and rusty but he was actually a big softie. He just joined the construction coven and we've been hanging out recently," Ellory blushed whenever she mentioned him. I teased her and she softly pushed me. We laughed.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" Fynn stood on the door frame. "We're just having our fun, Fynn," I told him. "Can I join?" His tone sounded like he was desperate. Being the only boy in the house, meant that he wasn't part of the 'gossip' or 'tea'. So, just this once, my sister and I decided to let him join.

"Sure! We were just talking about this boy in the construction coven that Ellory has a crush on~" I nudged my sister on the shoulder and her face was as red as a tomato. "Oooo. Tell me!" Fynn's eyes sparkled in delight. "Okay! Okay! And just to confirm, I just met this guy two weeks ago. I have his penstagram account and we mostly talk from time to time," Ellory concluded. Our chats continued and it was fun hanging out with my siblings. I wish things stayed this way...

-

Hunter's Pov:

I changed into a comfortable outfit. A oversized yellow hoodie, underneath was a loose white shirt and a pair of shorts. I got up and went to my desk to pursue my studying. As I read the last few chapters to a book about the history of witches, a loud knock came from door. I immediately stopped what I was doing and hid all the books on my desk under my bed. I replaced the books with stuff about the Emperor's Coven. 

When I saw everything was in the right place I opened the door to see Belos. "Emperor Belos, greetings," I bowed. He waved off and I stood straight back. 

"Hunter, what are you doing in the middle of the night?" His voice gave me this chill. It was weird though. "Studying," I told him. He went silent and stared at my room and glanced to my window. 'Does he know I snuck out?'

I held my breath for a moment. Belos stood in the middle of my room, waiting. 'What is he doing?' A few minutes later, Belos regained his senses and left the room without saying anything. I let out a sigh of relief. 

'If he ever knew about me and Y/n, Y/n could get hurt because of me. Everyone she loves would be taken away from her. Everyone she loves would be taken away from her... I would be taken away from her.' I grabbed Y/n's note inside my drawers. 

"Y/n..." I muttered. 

.

.

.

Word count: 1083 words