Chap 24: Inside the palace.

(Adorable sunshine Hunter and the complete opposite. Art's not mine and I don't own it.)

Hunter's Pov:

I arrived at the castle and realised I wasn't in my proper uniform. 'If anyone saw me like this, I'd be screwed.' I ran into a changing room. My locker was there with an extra pair of my uniform and a golden mask. I folded the clothes and carried it with me.

As I past lousy coven guards, I reached my room. I placed the pile of clothes in the closet. A knock came from my door. I opened it to see the Emperor. I bowed and he waved it off. I got up on my feet and stood in front of him anxiously. "Where were you?" His voice made me shiver.

"Was I assigned to a task today?" I asked him. "No, but I noticed you weren't anywhere in the castle. I'm sure I didn't give you any orders today," He took notice of my absence. "I decided to help the coven scouts with scouting. Steve can vouch for me," I was so glad I had my mask on. I was really nervous about lying to him. "I see, working hard aren't you?" He turned his focus to me instead of my room. "Yes," I replied. 

"Very well, I suggest you do your very best, the titan has big plans for you," With that, he turned and walked away. I let out a sigh of relief. Then I realised he would probably discuss with Steve about it. I ran out of my room in search for Steve. 

"Steve!" I yelled out as I ran in the hall. "What's the rush, brat?" Kikimora taunted as I rushed past. I ignored her statement and continued on. I found Steve on patrol, "Steve, did the Emperor ask you anything?" Steve looked at me concerned, "Is there something wrong, sir?" 

"Nothing's wrong, just tell me if the Emperor past by or not," I was getting desperate to know. "Uh no?" He responded. 'Phew.' "Actually, he did," I turned to Steve. "What did he say to you?" I demanded. "He didn't say anything, he just walked past," Steve put a hand on my shoulder, "Jeez man, why are you so on edge?" 

"That's not the point," I whisked his hand off of my shoulder. My head was buzzing with thoughts. Paranoia washing all over me. I looked back and saw nothing. It felt like eyes were on me. It felt like the Emperor could be anywhere, you just can't see him. I shook off the feeling. 'He doesn't know, he doesn't know.'

Once again, I walked past Kikimora. She was about to insult me but I just rushed away. 'I don't have time for her insults.' 

-

(3rd person POV)

The emperor sat at his throne. He stared blankly into no where. "Ahem, sir, you asked for me?" A scout walked into the throne room awkwardly. "Yes, I did. How was scouting?" The emperor didn't turn to face him. "The scouting was normal," The scout told him. 'Why is he asking me that?' The scout thought. 

"Was the Golden Guard with you?" The emperor faced the scout. "No he wasn't, not that I'm sure of," He responded. "Hmm, you are dismissed," The scout bowed and exited the room. Emperor Belos leaned against his hand. 'It seems that Hunter had lied to me.' He thought. He got up, 'I'll let that slide, consider yourself lucky, Hunter.'

Belos stood in front of the currently-being-new portal. A shadow appeared behind him jumping around from wall to wall. "Collector," The emperor blankly stated. "Aw, I wanted to surprise you," The collector sadly comments. Belos turned to him with a small smile. "Aren't you going to, CRUSH, that grimwalker? I expected you to completely end him by now," The collector stared at Belos. The emperor sighs, "I decided to let that mistake slide, he rarely does mistakes, if he does it often I will-" 

"Crush his bones like you did with the last one?" The collector said excitedly. 

"Mm, something like that," The emperor responded. "He's last longer than others because he obeys. It would take a while to make them listen," Belos explained. "Well, I'm getting bored, can't we just get rid of the witches now?" Collector whined. "Be patient," Belos stared at the portal. "Everything is nearly complete."

-

Hunter's Pov:

I laid in bed fiddling with my hands. I can't shake off the feeling that the Emperor knows. I tried to convince myself that he doesn't know, but it's not working. 'Maybe reading could put my mind at bay.' I got up and read a book. 

It was midnight and the thoughts still roamed. A shiver went down my spine. I flinched and looked around me. The shadows that surrounded me turned into figures, staring at me. Their dull eyes terrified me. They slowly went closer and closer. "Stay back!" I yelled. I realised I couldn't get out of my seat. 'I can't move.' The figures were close. 'Get up. Get up. GET UP.' It was no use. The shadows stood around me. Their eyes pierced and leaning at me. They whispered words I couldn't understand. A light appeared from the door. An angel-like figure. They-

I woke up and got up in an instance. I checked the door and every corner of my room. Nothing, just normal shadows. The only light being emitted was from the candles. I pinched myself. It hurt, but I now know that was a dream. My breathing was heavy and I was shaking. This place is making me go insane.

Word Count: 928 words