Chap 34: Eclipse Lake

(All I could say is there are two moods in the photo. The artist, @𝑻𝒉𝒆 ⚜️ 𝑮𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝑪𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒏 ⚜️ on pinterest!)

Hunter's Pov:

I have tried and tried to ask uncle to give me a task or anything to do but he gave me nothing. Not even a single patrol duty. Absolutely nothing. Was this his way of punishing me for my last assignment? The palismen was my job and I had it all handled if it wasn't for that pathetic wanna-be-the-emperor's-favorite and that annoying human. Maybe y/n, but she wasn't much of a problem. I mean she did try to stop me but I stopped her and- Ugh, I'm side tracking again.

How irritating. I passed by one of my co-workers office and overheard that they were instructed by Kikimora to come with her to Eclipse Lake in search for Titan blood for the emperor. Now, that's getting something.

.

I had arrived the cold mountains of the Boiling Isles and my plan was about to start. I had stolen the normal uniform given by the average coven guards and had followed them so I didn't have to use a map. I would've initiated my plan if I wasn't accompanied by a red cardinal. "Shoo. Shoo. What is the meaning of this? Why are you following me?" I observed the bird carefully. The bird chirped. "I don't understand what you just told me, not that I care or anything," I muttered. "Here's the plan, I slip in with this disguise. I find the titan blood before Kiki. I give it to Belos and BOOM, I'm useful again!" I explained, though I wasn't sure why I explained this all to a bird. A blast hit the tree I had leaned against on. If I hadn't ducked, my head would've melted. In the distance, "Ma'am, is everything alright?" "I just thought I heard an annoying voice," Kikimora states. 

"On second thought, we'll have to find another way in!" I ran past a couple of trees until the bird flew off to a branch and started to chirp. "What is it? Oh, it's the owl lady and her dog and is that the youngest Blight?" Didn't the Blights have green hair or brown hair? Was this a cousin of the Blights? I recognise her from Grom back at Hexside. She danced with the human. Y/n had shown me a couple of photos of her with her friends and the Blight would only be in a few of them. That was back then, she had green hair not purple. 

"This place is crawling with tools. What gives?" The dog asks. "Titan blood is the most powerful source of magic in the Isles. I'm not surprised Belos wants it too." Owl Lady informed. "Well, we can't afford to mess this up. Luz is counting on me-" The Blight looked over her shoulder, "I mean us."

"Interesting. New plan: they could lead us to the- HEY!" I yelled. The stupid bird pulled on a strand of my hair to go be confronted by the three. I collapsed infront of them earning a probably embarrassing moment. "A coven scout!" The purple haired summoned her magic. "Uh, yes! I am but a humble scout and I surrender," I raised my hands signalling to them my defeat. "Well, that was easy," The dog comments. "Not so fast, king. Don't you recognise that annoying voice?" Owl Lady pointed her staff closer to me. I lowered my head, saddened by the harsh comment, "Why does everyone say that?" 'Does y/n think my voice is annoying as well?' I tried running off but the darn Blight caught me. That led to my mask falling off, so much for a disguise. 

"This is none other than Belos' right hand man," The owl lady sneers. "The golden guard? He's a lot scrawnier than I imagined," Blight mentions which made the dog snicker. I angrily frowned, can't believe I have to deal with this shit. 

.

I cannot believe why y/n would be with these bafoons. The owl lady decided that I had to stay along with them so I don't ruin their plans or tell other scouts they're here. "You can put down your staff, I won't run," I stated. "Too bad, because I don't trust you," The Blight responded. 'Well, your girlfriend does, sort of, and so does y/n.' "Huh, this stuff is old," the owl lady observed her surroundings. "Ancient witches used to mine the veins for titan blood-" "They're not listening," Blight cut me off. The wackos kept on trying to regain powers or something? The owl lady keeps on mentioning harpy Eda... 

The dog powered the drill to aim at owl lady, that's when I realised something, "Wait, don't-" Too late. The blast bounced off of the walls and aimed to the Blight. Sadly, she was able to defend herself. What a shame. "This isn't a normal cave! These walls are made from the veins of the titan any magic you shoot will bounce right back at you!" I lectured them. "Oh, you must be fun at parties," The owl lady comments and ignores my last statement. 'Do they not listen?'

"Those two will defintely get us caught," I stared at the two while they continue to try out their powers. "Us? What do you mean us? There is no us, now keep walking," I shrugged and simply followed orders. 

---

Y/n's Pov:

I let out a yawn, what time is it? I had accidently slept on the couch for a while completely forgetting about the reason why I was here. "Y/n! Thank titan, you're awake! I need you to help us in the kitchen," Willow asked suspiciously sweating and panting. "Uh, okay? What happened?" What made her look so exhausted? "Gus and Hooty tried making something and now it's in flames," Willow explained. I stood up quickly and dashed to the kitchen. "Did you not stop them from cooking?" I shouted and saw the uprising fire. "Tried, but they were being so persistent," Willow shrugged. "Stand back! Gus and I to the rescue!" Hooty shouts out and starts spurting water out of his mouth. 'Why am I even dealing with this?'

----

Hunter's Pov:

"You know, Luz told me about her trip to Latissa with y/n and how they met someone very interesting." Eda explained, "A beat up blonde with no magical powers who was fond of y/n, she called him, and these are her words, a bad but sad lover boy." The dog snickers once the owl lady finished explaining. "If I ever see that human again-" I began to make a threat before the Blight smacked me with her palisman. I death glared Blight before insulting the others, "Atleast I'm not delusional enough to think I can turn into a heartbeat." The owl lady hisses at me. "Hey, come on, give it a rest you two," The dog tried to calm us, well, the owl lady down. "Yeah, listen to your rat," I regret saying that because the dog leapt onto me and started pulling my hair. "Get off of me you nasty vermin!" I yelled and tried to get him off. 

.

.

.

Word count: 1186