Chap 38: The need for attention

(Lil blondie trying to draw wolves :D. Art by @fel !! (I think that's their user?) on twitter!)

Hunter's Pov: 

My work was done. I had finally stiched the official Golden Guard sigil on my cloak. It was a tough job but I think it looks incredible. "Don't you think this looks great?" I raised the cloak up for Flapjack to see. A string pulled out from the coat. Loose threads were messing up, knots everywhere and the tape wasn't really holding it together properly. Everything was falling apart. "Andd, I have no clue of what I'm doing," I frowned. Loud knocking was heard from the door. I opened it to see coven guards. They handed me a letter. It read:

'Hunter, 

My duties are keeping me busy. I entrust you to lead the covenants today, consider this a test.'

Spark of determination flooded within me. Belos had finally given me a task! Had the titan's blood convinced him that I was doing my job correctly? The thought floated around in my mind as I put on my cloak proudly and walked downstairs to the throne room. I was close to reaching the room, I only had made it to the hallway and suddenly the door opened. All, actually, most of the coven heads exited the room. "Good, now that your all here-" They shoved me aside abruptly. "Hey! Where are you going? Come back here!" I yelled out to them. One of the coven heads, the newest, Raine Whispers, glanced at me worringly, but Terra pulled them away. 'I can't believe they'd do that to the emperor's nephew! Who do they think they are?'

I entered the throne room and saw Darius and Eberwolf doing some research. "Darius, Eberwolf, why is everyone leaving? We're scheduled to have a recruitment meeting," I told them. Darius sighs loudly, "Good morning to you too, little prince. We decided to reschedule the meeting so go play arts and crafts or whatever it is you do." He waved his hand to me, signalling to shoo off. I grumbled at him and turned around. "Oh, looks like you've already started," The abomination goo flowed and grabbed my cloak. "This is impressively bad," He snickers. His eyes widened, "Wait, is this the old golden guard sigil?"

"Yes, it is," I tried to snatch it off of him, but he simply pulled it away. "I don't think that even fits you," He sneered. "Actually, it fits perfectly fine," I replied sternly. "The sigil, not the cloak itself. You're not worthy of it," He glared. "I am! I am the emperor's-" 

"Nephew?" He finished. I stared at him angrily. He clearly knew of my relations to the emperor. "I knew your predecesor and he was far more better than you," Darius informed, "Just because your the emperor's nephew, doesn't mean your worthy of a sigil. Besides, it's a lot more than that." What he said made me think for a moment. "Well then, what do you think I should do?" I asked. "I don't know, find new recruits? Whatever it is to keep you away from nagging me," He told me. "Alright, I will do it!" I said to him. 'I'll show him that I'm worthy!'

"I know you will, your good at doing things people tell you to do," He grumbled. 'Huh? What does he mean by that?' They walked out of the room. Darius still had my cloak and he probably wasn't going to give that back until I do something that is worthy in his eyes. 'I'll show him. I'll show that I am fit to wear that sigil!'

----

Y/n's Pov:

Today at Hexside, several clubs have opened to add more stuff to do during school. I didn't really know what club to join, but the others made their own clubs. Willow decided to put back the flyer derby sport with the help of Gus. Luz and Amity made an Azura fan club, which to me was sort of adorable. They shared something in common and decided to share that to the rest of the Boiling Isles. They did get a lot of comments, but they didn't care. All they needed was each other. 

I wanted to look around for other interesting clubs. There was a musical club, otherwise known as the bard club, where Skara participated in. I waved to her and she had the biggest smile on her face. Even though I was a bard, I didn't want to play violin everytime I had breaks. Like literally, day and night! My fingers would rather die probably.

Afterwards, I noticed Ed and Em. I tried to sneakily walk past them, but they saw me and  dragged me along with them to cause mischief and chaos. 

Lucky for me, I escaped their grasps. Who knows where those two may take me. A loud commotion was heard nearby and I saw a large crowd gathering. 'I wonder what that might be?' As I moved closer, I saw Willow and Gus. They seem to be presenting something? 

"Witches and wizards, we are gathered here today to present our newest member in our flyer derby team, Caleb! He will be showing us his super awesome flying skills!" As they opened the doors, there he was. Soaring high above on his palisman. Showing off his tricks and moves. "My-my, never knew you were such an attention seeker, Hunter."

.

.

.

Author's Comment.

A short chapter, I promise the chapter will be a bit longer (Not too long though). Anyway, the holidays have begun! Two week break, hooray! I hope that everyone enjoys their holiday and stay safe!

Word Count: 927