Chap 7: Staying Home

(Art isn't mine. :0  )

Y/n's Pov

I laid on my bed and my thoughts wandered about, though I kinda regretted it. The thoughts I have on my mind were about Golden Boy. Ever since our date- no I mean our hang out yesterday, I've been feeling weird whenever I'm with him. I dislike the weird feeling. It makes me puke, in a positive way I guess? When I left, I couldn't help but miss him. I wanted to distract myself. 'A good scrolling through penstagram will do,' and that's exactly what I did. 

I looked through my fyp on penstagram and whilst I did that, I ran into a cool picture. Luz the human with two familiar students I've seen in Hexside on a moving house. It seemed like they were having a moonlight conjuring. Hm. I liked the picture before continuing to scroll. 

Then I noticed a post from Boscha. It was around the same time as the moving house picture I saw before. Boscha's post was a picture of her with a couple of other girls hanging out in some person's house. The caption read: Hanging with the girls! #bored #moonlightconjuring. It looked like she was also doing a moonlight conjuring too. I checked the likes on her post, there was big difference in Luz's moonlight conjuring compared to hers. Still, I liked her post. Another few minutes past by and I was bored out of my mind. 

'Would you rather think about Goldie or continue scrolling through penstagram?'  I asked myself. Thinking about Goldie was way better honestly. Wait, does Golden boy have penstagram? I instantly searched for his user and found nothing but posts about the emperor's coven from steve_rulez01. They posted pictures of their missions and some were with the Golden Guard. Goldie would always avoid being in the photos. He looked disinterested in the media. 

Well, that means I can't contact Goldie online but I can contact him in the traditional way, write letters! Though there was one thing that worried me, what would happen if someone else read the letter? Would that get Goldie into trouble? I don't want him to get into trouble because of me.

A soft knock hit my door and I flinched. I threw my scroll and grabbed the closest thing to me. Fynn came in and gave me a suspicious look. "What are you doing?" 

"Nothing much, just brushing Quince's fur," I smiled at him nervously. Quince wasn't happy that I disturbed them. "Isn't Quince made out of wood?" Fynn was seriously onto me. Quince scurried off when I let them go. "What are you actually doing?" 

He saw my scroll and handed it back to me. I was thankful he didn't snoop through my privacy. My body slowly became more calm instead of being tense. 

I let out a sigh, "I was just checking my penstagram. Did you know the human had a moonlight conjuring and is hanging out with witches from Hexside?" Fynn looked at me before chuckling. He patted my head, "That's nice sis. I just came here to check up on you." He walked out of my room. 

My siblings often checked on me, I knew why they did that. Since our parents left, they had to take responsibility of me and everything. When I was younger, I didn't understand why they left and I blamed myself for it. I had a big breakdown and wouldn't go out of my room. I hated everything and would accidently lash out on both of my siblings. After a lot of time opening up and processing everything, I understood why they would leave us. They weren't a fond of having children, but they did like the feeling of taking certain 'experiments'.

It's disgusting to think about it and I constantly ignored the question of how I was born. Ellory told me what our parents were like. They weren't close to Ellory or Fynn. That meant Ellory and Fynn had to take care of themselves. Once I was born, they were the ones who cared for me. They left us when I was 5, Fynn was 7 and Ellory was 9. It's been 11 years and we have no clue what our parents could be doing. But why should I care? They weren't there most of my life. 

I got up, 'alright enough thinking about that and think about your beloved.'  I sat on my chair thinking. 'What does Goldie look like without his mask? Does Goldie have an actual name? I've seen his hair and I've been thinking of calling him blondie, but I didn't like it much. Though Goldie was similar to blondie, I've always called him that besides Golden Boy. Ooo, wait I have a new nickname for him, pretty boy! I don't know if he is pretty, no no, personality first! ' I smiled at myself. 'I wonder how'd he react to me calling him 'pretty boy'. I chuckled. 

'What's Goldie's type? Wait no, scratch that. What's his interests? Probably doing whatever the Emperor's coven does. He does daily patrols in Bonesborough so we'll always run into each other. Whether on accident or on purpose.' Now that I think about that, does he always go on patrols every day? It would make sense why he's always there. He's probably everywhere! I looked around my room. The feeling of being watched, it creeped me out a lot. 

Golden Guard's Pov:

I let out a loud sneeze. What was going on? That was like the fifth time I sneezed today. "Are you feeling alright sir?" One guard asked. 

"I'm fine," I brushed them off. 

"You know, I've read something online whenever you sneeze someone's thinking about you, or something like that," Another guard mentioned.

"Don't believe everything you see on the media. Now, concentrate on guarding!" I ordered. The guards immediately straightened up. I headed up to my room, 'was what they said true? Then who is thinking about me? '  Y/n suddenly came up in my head. I waved the thought away and removed my mask. I looked at myself to see my face red. 'Y/n, why must you make me feel this way?'

Word Count: 1027 words