Chap 37: Not sure what to do now...

(Hunter in his pyjamas! I do not know who is the artist, but all I can say is I didn't create it.)

Y/n Pov:

It was fun hanging out with him. It felt great to see him smile. 'He looks so happy.' I stared at him, completely entranced by how cute he looks."You know, you should smile more often, you're adorable," I blurted out. Hunter stopped smiling for a moment. 

'Shit. Should've kept that to myself. Stupid y/n. Why must you blurt that out?' "I-" I began to say before he cut me off. "Thank you, no one has ever told me that," He says slightly turning red. 

Awkward silence followed after. I began recollecting memories that happened moments before and realised, "You kissed me." Hunter perked his head to the side, confused. "You kissed me!" I repeated loudly and covered my face, embarrassed. I didn't remember until now. How could something that important be easily forgotten? It happened only a few moments ago!

After processing what I said, Hunter slowly turned beet red. "Should I have not done that?" He asks. I didn't know what to say. "I mean, it wasn't bad. It was just... unexpected," I assured him. 

'But what does this mean though? Are we like a couple now or are we still the same as before? Best friends who kiss each other? No, it's clear to me that we're not just best friends. It's more than that.' The red cardinal flew between us chirping that made me snap out of my thoughts. 

"So, what do we do now?" We should talk about what our relationship is later, but then we'll question it our whole lives though, and who knows when we'll see each other again! "What do we do now? Uh- WAIT! I have to head back to the castle!" Hunter frantically looked for the cardinal, not realising it was right next to him. 

He noticed the bird and grabbed it, making sure not to hurt him though. He got on his staff and rose up into the sky. "Goodbye y/n. I'm sure we'll get to meet again," He says. "Can I give you something in return then?" I replied. "Like what?" He answered. 

"Come down here," I told him and he floated downwards. Once he did that, I gave him a small peck on the lips. Even though it was quick, it was enough to make me flustered. Hunter was clearly surprised at the sudden gesture, his ears burned hues of pink. "Bye, Hunter," I waved. "Bye, y/n."

.

I flew back to the Owl House. 'The others must've been worried about me.' Once I entered, Luz was first to greet me. "Y/n! You're back! You're okay! You're not hurt or anything, right?" She looked at me carefully. "Yes, I'm alright," I answered. She let out a sigh of relief. Then she pushed me aside and shut the front door, which meant we were both standing outside. 

Luz checked her surroundings to make sure we were all alone. She also made sure that tube thing was no where in sight as well. After a while of making sure the coast was clear, she says, "Now, tell me, did he make a move?" 

"What?" I let out. "Did he make a move?" She repeated. 'What does she mean by 'did he make a -' OH! That's what she meant. Should I tell her? Okay, fine, I'll tell her.' "You promise not to squeal?" She nodded quickly. "Alright, he kissed me." Luz stifled her squeals of excitement and started jumping around. "Oh my titan, y/n, are you and Hunter a couple now?" Her eyes sparkled with delight.

"Well, I don't know about that," I leaned against a wall. "Wait what? You still don't know whether he's your boyfriend or not?" Luz's excitement died down. "We haven't talked about that, yet," I admitted. She gives me an unsure look, she's probably internally saying, 'I should talk to Hunter about this so we can finally figure out what we are.'

Our chat was disrupted by something behind Luz. "Oh, look, it's bird-tube," I pointed out. "For the last time y/n, even though Hooty may be a bird-tube, his name is Hooty. Not bird-tube, not tube, not owl-looking-thingy, but Hooty. Just Hooty," Luz explains to me. "Alright, Hoot-tube." I responded. "Y/n- You know what? You do you," Luz let out in frustration though her mood changed once she saw her purple haired girlfriend, Amity. She ran towards her and embraced her tightly.'If the sight of Amity makes Luz's frustration or problems go away, would the sight of Hunter make my problems go away? Pfft, no. That's silly. I'm probably like a problems magnet for him.' 

-----

Hunter's Pov:

I ran as quick as I could to reach where Uncle always stays, in the room where the portal lays in front of him. The portal was nearly finished according to him. All he needed was titan's blood and it would be complete. 

I slowed down my pace once I reached the doors. The red cardinal, or what he told me his name was, Flapjack, rested on my shoulder. "Flapjack, you have to stay hidden," I say and gently put him inside my cloak. I have to make sure Belos doesn't see him. If Flapjack made a sound, I would be in so much trouble. It won't be just me though, Flapjack would get hurt in the process.

I took in a deep breath and headed inside. "Unc- I mean, Emperor Belos. I know that you said not to go out, but I found the titan blood you needed! Kikimora wouldn't have found this anyway," I muttered the last part. Belos stared at me sternly and grasped onto the broken key that held what he needed. He was farther away from me but his 'condition' made him turn into a sort of creature and have abilities that made him stretch I guess? "Get out," He states angrily. I stood there frozen. 'What is wrong with me? He told me to leave, why can't I move?' 

"Must I repeat myself, Hunter?" His eyes began to glow as he glared at me. "N-no," I stammered. "Hunter," He says again, he did not sound pleased with me. I felt an eerie sense surrounding me but snapped out of it and ran out of there. I finally had a grip on my body again. 'Why must I freeze at the wrong moment? If I stayed there any longer I would've gotten hurt. That wouldn't be good. How would y/n react if I had another injury or scar? The scars I currently have can't get any worse, can it?' 

.

.

.

Word Count: 1105