Chap 21: Convincing.

(This. This is beautiful. Artist is beaniewinnie96.)

Y/n's Pov:

"Fynn, I know she just got expelled, but treat her more gently next time. She could've broken her spine," Ellory helped me up. My back was hurt from the fall but it wasn't that bad I guess. "You have a point sis," Fynn's face softened and he apologized, "I'm sorry for that."

"It's okay," I tried to stretch and I regretted doing that. "Can't you heal yourself?" Fynn asked me. "I wasn't taught that yet," I responded. 

"For now, we'll just uh put ice on it?" Ellory was unsure what to do. She went to the green house to gather food. "I'll make tomato soup for you." She ushered us out of the kitchen and we sat on the couch. It was awkward and I couldn't really do much. "Why were you expelled?" Fynn stared at me. "I was expelled because I- I don't know what I did. Something about distracting Amity from her studies? The Blights literally walked into school and told us we'd be expelled." I explained. "Us?" 

"Luz, Gus, Willow and I were expelled because we were distracting the Blights' daughter, Amity," I was annoyed of Amity's parents. Mostly her mother, her father didn't really do much. He just stood there in the office. "You were expelled because you were a distraction to a student? And their parents thought that a way to make their child focus more is to get rid of those distractions?" I nodded to Fynn, "You got to be shitting me."

"I know! And Amity didn't even get a say on it! Her parents or mother, just tells her what to do and she'll do it!" I ranted. Fynn explained all of this to Ellory. She was concerned on how controlling Amity's parents were. "I can't believe you were expelled because of that!" Ellory gave me my tomato soup. It looked good I guess? A bit goopy and tomato-y. "I can't believe- Stop playing with your food- That y/n -Quit playing with your food!" She glared at me. 

I stopped playing around and just ate the food. After finishing, I heard a call coming from the crystal ball. I quickly looked at it to see that Willow - or was it Gus?- calling me. "Y/n! Luz is at the Blights Manor for some reason. Want to help save Luz?" They didn't need to ask, I was on my way. 

I arrived and landed safely on the ground. Quince hopped up my shoulder and we met with the others. "Y/n! Thank goodness!" Amity exclaimed. "Let me guess, Luz decided to try and convince your parents to not expel us from school. And now she's in bigger trouble, right?" I commented. The three were shocked at how I actually got it right. "Are you secretly an oracle?" Willow teased. 

Two hooded figures appeared and they were none other than the Blight twins. "Emira, Edric, how surprising," I rolled my eyes. "Hey, cutie. Remembered the flowers?" Edric asked. "We are not wasting anymore time on flirting! Luz is in there and she's in trouble!" Amity was about to race in until her siblings stopped her. "If you want to save her, maybe go in there undetected," Emira and Edric handed us cloaks, similar to the buyers. 

We went inside the building where the Blights' inventions were being presented. The crowd sounded impressed with whatever the Blights showed. "Hey Amity, what are they so impressed about?" Gus whispered. "I don't know, we need to get a bit closer to the stage," We scrambled closer to the stage and finally saw Luz. Luz was being treated like a ragdoll, the abomotron 2.0 was giving her a rough time. It was heartbreaking to see Luz being treated this way. 

"So what should we do Amity?" Willow looked to Amity. She wasn't there. "Amity?" I called out. Nothing. That was when the abomotrom went off stage. The crowd was screaming and running everywhere. "Quickly, follow me," I ran out looking for some space. We needed to get somewhere safe. Luz was still getting chased by the abomotron, that thing caused damage wherever it went. "We need to get out of here!" Willow coughed. The air was getting smoky. I had to save my two friends. 

We got out of there as quick as we could. The ash was beginning to hurt our lungs. "Are you guys okay?" I huffed. "Yup," Gus panted. I decided to check if Amity was still there, but it was really tough to see with all of the smoke. The fire stopped after like 15 minutes. Still no sight of Amity and Luz.

Then we saw a green haired girl helping a brown short-haired girl, "Luz and Amity!" We raced up to them. "Your okay!" Willow hugged Luz. "Stop trying to do stupid things for us!" I told her. Luz laughed and waved us off. I also noticed that Amity held hands with Luz. "Ahem," I smirked and looked at Amity. She blushed when she realised she was holding hands with Luz. 

I went back exhausted and tired. Ellory and Fynn didn't say much, so once I reached my bedroom I collapsed on my bed and fell asleep.

.

.

.

As Y/n slumbered a letter dropped by on her window. Quince squeaked at the window softly before going to sleep.

.

.

.

Word Count: 888 words.