Chap 42: An Awkward Experience.

(I can see this happening. This comic was drawn by Martina on pinterest!)

Y/n's Pov:

We were running. Running away from... them. Moments ago, they held their hand out towards him. He was hyperventilating. I stood by his side, trying to calm him down but, it didn't work. He ran away and brought me with him. I looked up to the sky. Dark clouds hovered above us. It was going to rain soon if we don't find shelter in time. "------, we need to find shelter soon," I tugged his sleeve. Even though he was exhausted, he continued to run. "------, stop," I pulled his sleeve again. He didn't stop, he still ran. His breathing quickened, he was paniking. 'I should stop running with him.' I let go of his hand. Once I did that, he stopped and rushed back to me. "Y/n! We have to go! We have to- We gotta-!" He huffed. He collapsed to the ground. Tears began to form as they flowed down his cheeks. "------, don't cry. Don't cry," I hugged him. 

"------, you're safe. Everything will be okay, I'm here."

.

.

.

𝙁𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 - - - >

Today felt normal. It felt like every ordinary day really. I sat next to my desk reading books Viney had given me. She told me it was informative and could help with developing my healing skills. I wasn't as good at healing than Viney. I knew how to heal small scars and wounds, fix broken things like plants and such. I also had another pile of stuff to read as well. Studying more about illusions. 

"Ughhhh! This is boring!" I groaned. I need to do something else to pass the time. I looked around for something to do. I found my violin next to the pile of books and paper. I tuned it up and it was ready. 

I began playing and it felt comforting. Lights appeared around me. I was so focused on playing, that I hadn't heard Fynn calling me. He stood there leaning against the door frame clapping at my small performance. "What do you need?" I asked him. "Just need you to run some stuff for me at Latissa, you up for it?" He handed me a list. "I guess I could do that, but what do I get in return?" I stared at him. If he wanted me to do this, I expected him to give me something. "I'll do your healing and illusion homework," He offered. "Deal!" I shook his hand and ran out the door.

"Stay safe!" Ellory shouted. "I will!"

-

I had arrived at Latissa and it was really busy today. Quince transformed to her form and jumped in my bag. "You must be very sleepy, aren't you?" I scratched her chin and fed her a treat. I looked over at the list. "Looks like we need to visit some people and then that should be it," I shoved it in my pocket. 

As I was heading towards the first place I needed to go to, someone ran into me. "What's the hurry?" I rubbed my forehead. "Apologies, citizen," The person held a hand out to help me up. I grabbed their hand and was able to figure who it was. "Well, if it isn't the one and only Golden Guard. Let's see, your doing an important task today?" I smiled. "Y/n! What brings you here to Latissa?" He sounded surprised to see me. "Just doing some stuff for my brother," I shrugged.

"Oh that's-" Someone or something caught his eye. "HEY! Stop right there!" He chased after them. "Huh?" I tilted my head and decided to follow him. As we were running, another person happened to follow us too. It was someone I had least expected to see, it had been a while since I've last seen her. "Y/n! Am I glad to see you!" She chuckled. "Glad to see you too, Luz."

 We stopped and hid behind a couple of barrels and saw him confront three dark cloaked individuals. "Should I go for a surprise attack?" Luz randomly suggested. "Wait, what?" I didn't answer her suggestion as I was busy concentrating on the mysterious trio. Something seems off about them. "For crimes against the Emperor, you are all under arrest!" Hunter raised his staff at them ready to attack them if it wasn't for Luz. She toppled him over, "Hunter! Hey, can I bug you with a few questions?" 

"Human!" Hunter sat up. One of the individuals blew a flute which made smoke appear. "Wait! No! I forbid you to flee!" Hunter tried to stop them, but he was too late. "Human, do you know what you've just done?" Hunter scolded Luz, not realising he shattered something that triggered the inscription. "Uh, what's that?" Luz stared at the thing. I analysed the inscription carefully. 'I've seen this somewhere... Oh no.' "Hunter! Luz!" I yelled. They whirled around to my direction but it was no use. 

Yellow light shot up into the sky like a firework. Hunter and Luz weren't there anymore. Lil Rascal, or Flapjack, chirped sadly. I went up to the bird. "Come on, we have to go find them!" Flapjack flew next to me. The trio appeared once more in front of me. I stood there looking at them before summoning Quince. "Whomever you are, tell me, where are they?" I snarled. One of them looked at the other. The other shrugged. An abomination rose up from the ground, knocking me out completely. 'How pathetic am I..'

"Hey, kid! Wake up, where's Luz?" Someone shook me. 'Ugh, where am I?' I sat up and processed where I was. A dog with a skull and a gray haired woman. "King? Eda? What am I doing here?" I was confused about how I got here. "Someone just dropped you on my doorstep and Hooty carried you in. It seems like you were involved with Luz going missing," She explained. "They were right there and then all of a sudden they were gone," I was starting to worry about them. 

Eda handed me a drink. I thanked her and looked around. The windows were shut, it was as if the whole house was on lockdown. "What's with the whole lockdown thing?" I mentioned. "Ever since Luz got missing, we received a message along with you from someone. We had to go with this because it's a safety protocol," King explained. 

"Hoot Hoot, there's people outside Eda," Hooty called. "Tell them to buzz off, I'm trying to figure out something," Eda told the tube. I got off of the couch. There had to be something that I could do to help. On the table was a device. I picked it up and a noise came out of it. I dropped it, alarmed by the sudden noise. "What happened?" King rushed by my side. "A noise came out of it," I said. "Wait, we could use this to talk to Luz! Luz are you there, over?" King spoke on the device. "Loud and clear, over," She responded.

"Luz!" Eda rushed by King's side. "Are you okay? You're not hurt right?" Eda was worried. "I'm alright, I'm with Hunter! Hunter say hello," I'm guessing she passed the device to him. "Hello? Wait, is Flapjack there? Is Y/n with you guys?" Hunter asked. "Y/n and your bird are here, you wanna talk to them?" King handed me the device. I took it and held it close to my ear. "Hunter?" 

"Y/n! Did they hurt you? I swear I will-" He began to threaten. "I'm fine, Flapjack's okay too. We're worried about you guys," I told him. He sighed. "Uh, so well, we happened to be stuck in the emperor's mind," Luz explained. "How in the world? No, we don't have time for that, has the inner Belos spotted you yet?" Eda asked. "Yes, but we were able to get away with help. Can there be two inner selves?" Two inner selves in one mind? "No, but I have heard of strong emotions materializing just stay safe, you're devoured in his mindscape so-" Eda continued before Hunter interrupted, "We'll be trapped and dragged down into his subconscious forever! I told you, I did read about this stuff."

"Well, we're gonna get you out. We'll make a return spell as fast as we can, just don't lose the walkie-talkie. It's our only connection to communicate with you," Eda concluded. "Got it, over and out," Luz told us. "Wait! I'll be home soon, Flapjack and Y/n. Don't worry too much, I love you both," Hunter expressed. "Aww," King and Eda gushed. I blushed at his words and Flapjack happily chirped. That was it from them. "Let's start making the potion," Eda got up and gathered materials. 

.

.

.

Word count: 1453