Chap 17: The Sickly Blues

(Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Hunter looks cute having a small ponytail and wearing flannel shirts? THIS ART IS SOMETHING I DIDNT KNOW EXSISTED, until now. Art isn't mine and I do not own it.) 

H/c = Hair colour is used in this chapter. 

Y/n's Pov:

Imagine missing the only opportunity to see your crush whom you've never seen in like a month? Well, clearly something stupid is going on with the universe right? Yes. There's something wrong with the universe and titan themself. I am stuck in bed due to natural sickness. 

"It's ironic how you're in the healing coven but you get sick so easily," Ellory handed me a box of tissues. I sniffled, "Shut up." 

"It's sad that you missed your excursion to the Emperor's castle, what a shame," Fynn shooked his head. I threw a pillow at him. "Come on, can I please just go?" I whined. "No, y/n. You'll spread your sickness to your friends and the whole emperor's palace," Ellory teased. "I don't care," I uttered. Actually, I do care for my friends and Hunter. 

I groaned. My siblings have trapped me up in my room. I needed to get up and see Hunter. It's my only chance in seeing him. But I don't want to bother him while he's at work so?? Nah, screw it. I woke Quince and crept quietly down stairs. My siblings didn't notice me and as soon as I reached the door, "Where do you think you're going, young lady?" I turned to face Fynn and Ellory. They dragged me back upstairs and took Quince away from me. Now, I ran out of ideas. 

Another idea popped into my head. I opened my window and I was on the roof. There was a ladder nearby so I could just climb down and make a run for it. Unfortunately, as I landed on the soft ground, someone, or should I say, some people already knew I would be here. 

"Aw, come on!" They literally are so annoying. What I hate the most is how predictable I am. 'No wonder they know what I'm doing and where I am.' Since I can't escape my siblings, I gave up and decided to scroll through penstagram. There was photos of Skara and some other kids picturing the front of the Emperor's castle. Some photos inside the castle showed coven guards showing off how great the Emperor's coven is. Other photos included students having fun, but I noticed Luz trying to pull a vent in a background of a photo. 'What is she trying to do?'

I shrugged it off. Then I saw him. Hunter in his Golden Guard uniform. He seems to be irritated of the students taking photos of him. I couldn't tell due to him wearing a mask, but I know he would be irritated by them. I laughed. Wait, he must've gone out of his office or room to see me. 'Poor Hunter, he expected me to be there and I somehow got sick at the worst time.'

--

Hunter's Pov: (Just before Y/n mentions him trying to find her and being in the photos)

I woke up from a loud clang. I looked at my window to see the bridge being set out for a couple of students in school uniforms. Hexside uniforms. Wait. "Y/n!" I shouted happily. I hurriedly put on my uniform and rushed out to see her.

As I reached a balcony, I stared down at the students. There wasn't a witch or demon that had h/c hair, but I still had hope. 'Y/n's short, those towering average height students are probably covering her.' 

I headed down stairs to see the group of students being guided by Kikimora. I let out a deep breath and walked up to them. "Hello fellow students, welcome to the Emperor's Castle," I introduced. Kikimora looked frustrated in seeing me but some of the students were excited. They immediately took out their scrolls to take pictures of me. 

"Hey! Can you guys- Watch what your doing!" I shouted. I know it's not formal to shout, but these idiots are in my way. I tried to look for Y/n but she wasn't anywhere to be seen. I sighed, where could she be? I left the group and decided to head to the Emperor. The Emperor had made plans today to Lilith about capturing the Owl Lady or the deal was off. 'Lilith Clawthorne is weak. Maybe if her and the owl lady weren't siblings, she could get her job done. I could get the job done quickly, but the Emperor doesn't allow me to capture her. I have potential, but he still doesn't give me it.'

--

Y/n's Pov:

After watching five episodes of Owl Boss, two episodes of Scrovella and three episodes of A Stranger to Things, I grew bored. It wasn't helping me at all. I set my scroll down and blankly looked at the ceiling. 

Several knocks were heard. "Y/n!" Fynn shouted. I opened the door for them and they dragged me down stairs to see the crystal ball. A broadcast was made about the petrification of Edalyn the Owl Lady. Wait a miunte..

We stormed into the crowd infront of where the petrification was set. My siblings knew Eda because of her wacky shop, but she was always kind towards us. Showing a bit of motherly affection. We had tried not to grow too attached but Eda was cool. She had her freedom, but people were on to her. Eda could lose everything she loves if she continued to run. Now she sat up there defeated. 

"No!" I heard someone say. I looked around to see Gus and Willow. "Gus! Willow! Am I so glad to see you two!" I ran to them but didn't hug them. I was aware at the fact I could spread my sickness. "What's going on?" I asked them. "Y/n! Luz and Eda were caught!" Willow explained. I was perplexed but I had to focus. "Do you guys know at least where Luz is?" I mentioned. "We have no idea where she is, but we need to delay the petrification," Gus replied. "And, I've just got an idea," He continued.

We stood beside Gus's father. Gus distracted his dad while Willow stole the mircophone. "Citizens! Eda does not deserve to be turned into stone. She's done so many things for all of us!" Willow began. The crowd murmured in agreement and commented about their experiences with Eda. An uproar began and it was great. I faced the coven official, Kikimora dead in the eyes. She noticed my glare and simply ignored me. 'Fucking coward.'

Everyone wanted Edalyn to be freed. She didn't deserve her punishment. As that happened, something weird was going on up on the stage. Lilith was in the cage and so was King. 'How are those two in there? Especially Lilith?' Then someone had made a mist and broke the petrification stone causing Eda not to be fully turned into stone. The cage where Eda, Lilith and King were set in broke and they were free.

Coven guards rushed to the scene trying to stop them from fleeing and so Eda flew away in her owl form. We all cheered but abruptly stopped upon seeing the Emperor Belos. "Citizens! The titan has told me to spare Edalyn the Owl Lady as they are no longer a threat. They have lost all their powers meaning they are weak. This is the punishment for wild witches, but do not fear. Joining a coven shall spare you from the sad demise," He announced.

Everyone stood silent and weren't moving an inch. The Emperor stayed for just a moment and left.

Word Count: 1283 words.