Chap 5: Illusion Drama

(Art above isn't mine.)

Y/n's Pov:

I wasn't feeling the best today. It's not like I was sick, I just felt bored. My two siblings had gone out to their covens. Students at Hexside had no school today, so that meant we were free. I wanted to do something but what? Then I had a wicked idea, I just needed to find Quince.

I wore a sleeveless grey top and put on black ripped jeans. I tied my red flannel jacket onto my waist and slipped on a pair of black sneakers (You are free to change this). I looked everywhere for Quince, but they weren't in their usual spots.

I found Quince hidden on top of the fridge. I have no idea how they made it up there. It was all a mystery. There was a note on the counter. I checked and read it.

Dear Y/n,

There's some breakfast beside the stove. You can have it if you want. We know you might go out, so we decided to give you a heads up. Don't do anything silly again. If you are hanging out with the Golden Guard, please don't pull a prank on him like last time.

Love from your siblings,

Ellory & Fynn

Wow, why did they think I'll be hanging out with Golden Boy? I went to check the space next to the stove to notice a pancake fruit-like sandwich. My favorite! Quince turned into a staff and we were off.

Boneborough wasn't as busy like the other time we came. Several thoughts roamed in my mind. How will I prank witches and demons today? I snapped my fingers, that's it! I'll use my illusion magic to create illusions! This'll be fun.

I sat on top of the roof watching people. I was starting to get bored when I spotted my first and second victims. A blonde haired man and a brown haired woman. I assumed they were dating. I thought for a moment on how to prank them. An idea popped up in my head. Once the blonde man left, I made an illusion of him with another person. I slightly chuckled when I saw how the woman reacted. Once the blonde man came back, the woman came up to him and an arguement started. Ooo, drama. They were really loud and people who were near them made awkward glances. That's when my illusion poofed into blue smoke. Someone had known it was an illusion and immediately got rid of it. The couple looked confused then angry. They yelled curses to whoever had tricked them. I lowered my head when I heard a loud thud behind me. A shadow laid over me and I looked up. "Nice to see you again, Goldie," I smiled nervously.

"What you did to that couple wasn't nice," Goldie's tone was stern. I got up and dusted off my clothes while replying, "I don't care."

"How would you like it if someone did that to your relationship?"

"For the record, I'm not dating anyone." I stared at Goldie. Goldie took a glance at me before responding to what I said.

"Well, what if you did?"

"Hmm, I'm not really sure."

"What if it was me?" I started to blush when Goldie said that. I looked away before he could notice. I had to think about my choice of words carefully.

"If it was you, I... guess I would be upset," I muttered enough for him to hear.

"Exactly, that's why you shouldn't interfere in other people's relationships," He concluded. The fact he didn't properly process that. We stood on the roof silently. The tension was getting awkward, I needed to make up something quick. "So, how are you today?" I asked

Goldie responded, "I'm fine, you?" I just nodded. I looked at the streets below and saw a new cafe that had opened a few weeks ago.

"Would you like to go to that cafe with me?" I pointed at the cafe while asking Goldie. He stood there completely still. "Are you asking me on a date?" He tilted his head to the side. My face burned red. Goldie chuckled and walked over close to my face. "Aw, sure. I'll go on a date with you, darling~" My face burned even more.

We flew down the building and walked together to the cafe.

(This chapter is quite short compared to other chapters.)

Word Count: 739 words