Chap 23: Listening and Talking

(Ever imagined Hunter as an assassin / mafia? Well here you go. I don't own the art and I don't make it.)

Y/n's Pov:

"I have to tell you something," He began. I sat there quietly and shuffled closer to Hunter. "My uncle is the Emperor, he has a curse that affects him a lot. I try to look for a cure for his curse and when I do he declines my help. Whenever he lashes out, I would be there to help and get myself hurt. He doesn't mean it, I think," He explained. I didn't want to cut him off, so I continued to listen. "He keeps the curse at bay by.. hurting others," He continued. "Hurting others? Like wild witches?" I asked him. Hunter shook his head, "By absorbing the energy of dead palisman."

I was shocked. The Emperor he-. "Don't tell anyone! I don't want others to know, and I know you'll probably tell that human and the owl lady about this. Please, don't mention this to anyone," He covered my mouth so I wouldn't protest. I simply nodded and he removed his hands. "Why don't you want to tell the others? Clearly the Emperor is a bad person," I responded. "He's not bad, it's his curse. If you tell those witches about the Emperor they'll take it as his weaknesses and he's the only relative I have left," Hunter admitted. 

It sadden me to hear that Hunter really cared for someone who was dangerous. He caused harm to palisman, he nearly killed Eda, Lilith and King, he's literally a threat. But Hunter cares for this guy because he's his family. The only person he has left. I sighed, "I won't tell Luz or Eda or anyone, okay?" 

The tension was disappearing and I decided to change clothes. It was late in the afternoon the sun was still up. "Do you want to go out somewhere?" I told him. "Sure but where?" He looked at me. 

We arrived on top of a building. "Don't tell me the reason why we're up here is because you want to cause a fuss?" Hunter gave me a skeptical look. "Nooo, of course not why would I do such a thing?" I batted my eyelashes innocently. Behind me was a bucket of mud and I pushed it over the edge. Hunter raced to the edge but was too late. A couple citizens walking past below were covered in mud. They looked up to see Hunter and were not happy. "You clumsy rat!" 

"I'll tell you to the coven guards!"

"Great, you got me into trouble," Hunter pointed at me. I stuck my tongue out childishly, "It was on accident, they were just at the wrong place." Hunter stared at me in utter disbelief. "You can't stop my menacing ways," I chuckled. 

"Actually I can," He walked up to me getting a bit too close. I was flustered at his sudden movement and change in demeanor. "Uh, you know I was kidding right?" I chuckled nervously. He stayed silent and I reached a dead end. 'I'm in danger.'

Hunter pinned me against a wall and lowered his head closely towards me. I tried to cover my face but it didn't work. Hunter had a calm expression which made my face flush with hues of red. "This is so embarrassing," I muttered. When his face moved closer I closed my eyes.

"Boop," Hunter touched the tip of my nose and backed away laughing. I was perplexed. I shook myself back to reality. "That wasn't funny!" I yelled and threw an empty can at him. He caught it and tossed it away, "You look so cute when you're embarrassed and flustered." I folded my arms angrily and he walked up to me. He gave me a hug and small kiss on the forehead. "You're so cute and cuddly," He rested his head on top of my head. The height difference between us was upsetting me but it was nice hugging Hunter. "Okay pretty boy, can I go back home?" I asked him. "Noooo. I don't want you to gooo," Hunter whined. I let out a soft giggle. 

After a lot a struggle and complaining from Hunter, we returned to my house. When we sat on the couch, Hunter shuffled up to me in his blanket and cuddled me. He fell asleep for a few minutes. 'He's so adorable when he's sleeping.'

I gave him a kiss on the head. I carefully place him on a pillow and got up to the kitchen. 'I have no idea of what to make for dinner.' I slightly paniked. 

.

"I tried my best," I cried. Hunter looked at the dish with a concerned expression. "It could be worse," He muttered. "Can you cook?" I asked. Without hesitation, he pushed me out of the kitchen so he could do his work.

"This is even worse!" I shouted. The food he made was burnt. The food I made was wobbly and goopy. "You should of told me you couldn't cook!" Hunter turned to me, "Atleast I tried to make it more stable!" 

"Stable my ass. The food you made is as hard as a rock! You can't even take a bite out of it!" I poked at the burnt thing. "Why would you bite it anyway?" He mentioned. "I don't know!" 

We cleaned up the mess and decided to make sandwiches. "This is so sad," My eyes were teary as I ate the sandwich. "I know," He joined in with the sadness. 

After all of that crying and fun, Hunter had to go. "See you next time! I enjoyed hanging out with you today," I smiled. "Yeah, me too," He got on his staff and waved goodbye before teleporting to the Emperor's palace. I stared at the red flash in the sky when Hunter teleported. Minutes later, my siblings arrived. Once my sister went into the kitchen, she saw the failed cooking attempts. I rushed to my room to avoid being questioned. 

Word Count: 999 words