Chap 8: Hexside Inspection (Part I)

(Art isn't mine )

Y/n's Pov:

Hexside the school of magic and demonics, I stared at the board. I hopped off my palisman as they formed back into a ferret. As I put them inside my bag, I noticed that the human was here. 'Was her name Luz or something? '

"Hey, Luz," I waved. She turned around to face me, "Oh, it's you! The person I met at the market!"

"Yep, that's me. I'm Y/n, have you just joined Hexside?" I noted her uniform being undecided.

"I have and are you new here too?" She gestured to my uniform which was the same as colour as hers. "No, I'm not. I'm still undecided and it's my last chance to choose a track I want to be in or I'll be kicked out," I explained. She softly gasped, "Oh that's horrible! Why can't they let you choose multiple tracks?" We walked together to Principal Bump's office. "Well, according to the Emperor, we have to choose one track which will be our coven in the future. If we don't choose one, we'll be forced or be considered as wild witches," I informed her. She nodded and we came across Principal Bump's office. 

We walked in and a cold breeze swept towards us. I shivered and muttered, "Damn, this sure is weird." The door shut behind us and Principal Bump stared down at his work. "Hiya, Princy-B. Can I call you that?" Luz smiled as she walked towards his desk. Principal Bump's face looked at Luz in annoyance, "Absolutely not." When he saw me his demenor softened, "Glad to see your back Y/n." I nodded at him, unsure of what to say.

"Today, the Emperor's coven will be arriving here for a routine inspection. If we want to impress them, both of you need to join a coven track before they arrive," He explained.

Luz pulled out a scroll and it unraveled itself on Princy B's desk. "I've made my own schedule. First, vet care for mythical beasts, then healing and dealing and then after lunch-" She answered before she was interrupted by Princy B laughing at the scroll. "Studying multiple tracks at the same time? No one does that." He answered. "Then, I'll be the first." Luz proudly announced. I quietly stood there listening. It was quite awkward. 

"No you won't." He told her. He held up the Emperor's coven rule book. "As you may know, a good witch needs to hocus-focus. You can only pick one of the nine tracks. And you do not want to embarrass me in front of the inspector." He glared at Luz. "But all the tracks are really cool! Is there some sort of enchanted article of clothing that could sort this out for me?" She asked. Princy B's face was concerned and he shuddered. 

"I'm not sure if I can choose just one." Luz sadly glances away. Bump walked towards her and rested his arm on her shoulder, "Then I'll choose one for you."

He pointed at the nine coven flags on the wall and finally stopped at the potions track. "Yes, The potion track. You humans are filled with liquids, right?" He twirled his finger and green swirls emerged from the ground. Luz's uniform used to be grey but now it's the color for the potions track, yellow. "I guess I've always liked pouring things into other things." Luz admired her uniform and proudly showed it to me. I let out a soft giggle. "What about you, Y/n?" Bump stared at me. If Luz couldn't convince him, then I probably can't. "Uh, I choose... healing?" I hesitated and green swirls flew out from the ground. My uniform was now light blue. 

"I expect you both be on your best behavior. Based on the costly repairs from recent incidents, we could really use a donation from the Emperor's Coven." He explained once more before sending Luz and I to our designated tracks.

The healing home room was like every other classroom except it had the healing coven flags decorated everywhere. There was a girl, presumably the same age as me, sat there at the middle row. I sat with her and introduced myself, "Hi, I'm Y/n!"

She looked at me and took out her hand, "I'm Viney!" We shook hands whereas the teacher stared at us and clears their throat. We stood at our stations and Viney was told to go first. A student had a cut on their arm and the teacher told Viney to try and heal that scar. She did as she was told, when all of a sudden, a griffin broke into the class and spat out lollipops. Bump came in and he wasn't amused. He dragged Viney out of the class, it was no doubt she would be sent to detention. It was kind of a bummer now that the new friend I had made left. The profesor looked at me, "Since Viney has left, would you like to try and heal this griffin's wound from bursting into the wall?" 

The griffin had a wound on its forearm and I knew just what to do. I couldn't do it while their awake though, they'll panic and I'm not the best at beastkeeping. I whistled a tune which made them slowly go to sleep. I made a healing circle and the wounds were gone. The profesor clapped, "Well done, Ms L/n. You are dismissed." I happily walked out. I was proud of myself but I realised that I used bard magic. I taught myself a new tune which made things fall to sleep while I was at home and I used it on the griffin. I should be proud it worked but then why am I still in the healing track? 'Should I switch to bard?'  I shook the thought, 'quit overthinking.' 

I strolled about in the hallways of Hexside and went in the cafeteria. The food was amazing as usual. I got a screaming caramel apple stick and lemon blood. I loved the taste of lemon blood. As I finished my snacks I saw Principal Bump walking with a lady. 'Is she the inspector? ' I know I have to mind my own business but I couldn't help it. That lady had a strange aura and something just felt odd.

.

.

.

Word count: 1044 words