Chap 28: Troublesome.

(The artist: @httpsteeb. They make lots of fan art of different characters!)

Now, without further ado, I present this chapter,

3rd person Pov:

The hooded figure crept behind the unsuspecting violinist. They do harm to them, they just want to return their small buddy. The figure hit the shield. Nothing happened. The figure was confused. Their companion however, flew to the shield and gently nudged their head on it. The shield broke into yellow particles. "Huh? What the-" Y/n stopped playing as she heard the shattering. The figure stared at her and she stared back. "What are you doing here, Luz?"

-

Y/n's Pov:

"What are you doing here, Luz?" I asked her. I was surprised in seeing her. I did not expect her to be here. "Y/n? Oh, you were the one playing that music. I gotta say, it's quite enchanting," Luz complimented. "Aw thanks, but enough of that. What are you doing?" I went up to her. "I just came to return this little rascal. He was probably looking for something," She pointed to a red cardinal. "Huh, come on little critter. Time for you to rest with the others." I rounded the bird to his home. 

After doing that, I looked up to see Luz was still here. "Uh, you know it's pretty late now. Eda must be worried about where you are," I implied. "Nah, she's somewhere else now. I don't know where, but she'll come back soon. Besides, what are you doing here?" She gave me a suspicious look. "Me? I'm guarding the palismen just in case the shield breaks and as you can see, it's broken. I wonder why," I gave a stern glare. Luz chuckled nervously, "Well, do you need an extra hand? I could help. And I'll stay inside to check on the palismen." "You staying inside while they're sleeping?" I perked my head to the side. "Yeah," She claimed. "Okay then," I shrugged. 

The night sky was beautiful. Luz soundfully slept. 'I thought she would help out. Eh, I should leave her be, it's been a tiring day for her.' I continued to play my violin. I hope this night never ends. I quite enjoy playing during the night. It's quiet and peaceful. No one to disturb you- An emperor's ship showed up. 'I take back what I said.'

The ship carried the palismen and Luz away. 'I can't let them get away!' I made the violin disappear and Quince spawned. They transformed into a staff and I flew towards the ship. I drew closer to the side and jumped on board. "Stop right there, thief! You have stolen the property of the Bat Queen!" I told them. The hooded figure -'What's with the hooded figures?'- responded, "Nice of you to drop by, but this isn't property of the Bat Queen now. It's the Emperor's." I slightly was surprised in seeing who I faced. "But, if you won't let me take this catch, I'm afraid I'll have to stop you," Golden Guard turned around. 

With a sharp blow, I lost the fight. The Golden Guard tied my hands together behind my back. "Sorry, darling, but you just had to put up a fight," He whispered to me. "Your stealing palismen! Of course I would fight to protect them!" I kept on squirming trying to get the knots off my wrists. Hunter sighed, "Look, after I drop this off, I'll release you. For now, I'll just keep you like this. I don't want you to let me lose this thing," He walked back to the ship controls. 

He whistled a tune and my wrists were becoming sore. "Quiet now aren't you?" Hunter mentioned still focusing ahead of him. I grunted in response. "I promise you I will release you off those ties," Hunter assured me. I bitterly poked my tongue out. Suddenly, Luz hopped beside me. She shushed me and ran towards Hunter. She placed a glyph on his back. "Huh?" Hunter exclaimed. He was shot flying upwards, downwards and flown over board. Luz came back to me to release me. "Don't you think that was a bit much?" I told her. "Nah, he's probably doing just fine, now how do we stop this ship?" 

"Oh, you just pull that lever there," A voice told her. "Oh, why thank y-AUGh," Luz was shocked to see Goldie again. "Hiiii~" Hunter said playfully. I took a step back, slightly unsettled and flustered. Luz tried to look for another glyph in her pocket, when Hunter stopped her. "Enough making trouble. I'm getting tired because of you," He complained. Was this guy being serious right now? I ran up to him to strike but he blocked my attack. "Y/n, you should know, how much you try won't defeat me," He taunted. "And no matter how cocky you are, I'll still be able to win you over," I smirked. "That may be true, but for now," He teleported up to me, "I need you to listen." With one swing I was flown away and dropped to the ground. 'He actually hit me. That asshole.'

"Hey! Don't you dare hurt my friend!" Luz ran up to him but he was more quicker. He dodged her attack and kicked her to where I was. "Luz!" I scrambled to her. Hunter walked up to us, "Y/n, please." I looked away from him, avoiding his gaze. He sighed and went to grab a rope to tie our hands up. 

We sat there for ages listening to Hunter's whistling. I looked anywhere else but him. He glanced at me a couple of times and he'd have this face of worry. I tried to ignore it. Luz slightly nudged my arm. "What?" I asked her. She motioned her head to a glyph pattern on the ground. 'Oh, so that's what she's planning.' "Hey, how did you get back up here so fast?" Luz remarked. "Staff," Hunter pointed to the staff that was next to him. "Ohhh, got it."