Chap 32: Visiting the Clawthornes

(Darius saving Hunter from nearly stepping on mud or whatever)

(Credits to @PinetreeVillain on twitter!)

Y/n's Pov:

For some reason, I feel like something's going to happen today. "Y/n! Y/n! Get up! We're going to the market!" Fynn shouted. 'The market is probably my second home now because of how many times we go there.' 

"I literally went there the other day!" I shouted back. "Mom and dad need some stuff," He answered. "So? I could just stay home," I wrapped myself up with my blanket. For only a few seconds of laying on my bed in peace, Fynn slammed my door on the wall. "HEY! Give the door a break dude," I told Fynn. He didn't seem to care at all. "Get up and go downstairs. Those are simple instructions, I don't see why you have to keep being stubborn," Fynn instructed and walked out of my room.

"Just to let you know, the only reason why I'm being stubborn is because it's early and its the FUCKING weekend!" I yelled. I heard someone race up the stairs. Ellory gave me a dark glare, that sent chills down my spine. I nodded to her even though she didn't say anything and fixed my room. 'Geez, older sisters are scary.'

Our parents had lived in a seperate building from us but it wasn't so far to get to. We ate our breakfast and headed up to their place. "Mom! Dad! We're here!" Ellory knocked on the door while calling them. The door opened, "Good morning, children! Did you all eat breakfast before leaving?" We nodded. "Good," Mom said and Dad locked the door before we all left. 

There were different areas of the market. Usually, we'd go to the area with food and all, but this time we went to the stalls selling items. One of those stalls would be Eda's. "I'm suprised your business is running still, Ms Eda. No offence by the way," I mentioned. "Yeah well, we're doing the best we can to atleast earn a couple of snails," She responded. The Clawthorne's situation was that they were running low on snails. Eda couldn't threaten people for money anymore because she had no powers. 'News spreads fast in Bonesborough.' I looked around her shop. "Hey, do you perhaps know where Luz is?" I asked. "Probably practising on how to ask Amity out infront of a mirror," A small creature, King, joked. 

There Luz was, practising on how to ask Amity out infront of a mirror behind Eda's shop. I could tell she's been thinking of doing this for a long time now. She just didn't know when was the right time to mention this to Amity. "Amity, will you go out with me? No wait, Amity, will you be mine? No-" She kept on muttering until she saw me. "Y/n! Since when did you come here?" 

"I came by to just see how you guys were going. I see you're trying to ask out Amity?" I teased. She turned red instantly, embarrassed. I let out a chuckle. She soon calmed down and we chatted for a while about how things were going since the palismen incident. 

"So, you knew of Hunter before I met him?" Luz asked. "Yep! I can say that we're close," I proudly announced. "Are you two in a relationship?" Luz suggested. Thanks to the mirror, I could see my face turn crimson. "You aren't denying it?" She continued to tease. "First off, you haven't asked out Amity despite liking her for a while now," I tried to put the topic back to her. "Yeah, but it seems like you and Hunter know each other longer than Amity and I. You clearly haven't asked him out yet, have you?" She taunted. I couldn't deny any of her protests because what she said was true. 

"Touche, Luz," I told her in defeat. She stood there happily. 'It was as if stars had surrounded her or was it the rays of the sun? Hm, she really is a sunshine. Wait, Amity sort of has a moon personality and Luz has a sun-like personality. OMG, sun and moon!' 

"I'm going to guess, he's only soft towards you and he's rough with other people," Luz stated. "You could put it that way, he doesn't socialise that much outside of the emperor's coven," I explained. "I can't stop you from liking him, but I just want you to be careful." Eh? Careful? "I'm always careful, in fact, careful is my middle name," I responded. Luz burst out laughing. "HEY! What's so funny?" I asked. She wiped a tear away from her eye, "Don't take this the wrong way, Y/n, but you're the most clumsiest person I've ever met."

I gasped at her words. "You're clumsy too!" I pointed out. "If there was a list of the most clumsiest people, you would be on top Y/n," Luz giggled. It was like a dagger struck me in the back. "Damn, Luz," I said jokingly trying to sound hurt to make her feel bad. "I'm sorry Y/n," Luz smiled. 

Luz and I decided to get out of the hide out behind Eda's shop. As we both reached Eda, King and your family, I tripped on a rock. Luz stifled her laughter whereas Fynn snickered and my parents, plus Ellory, looked at me concerned. 'Luz was right after all, I am clumsy.'

.

.

.

Word Count: 896 words