Chap 16: Underdogs vs Rich Kids.

(Poor Hunter. The trauma he dealt with. A lot of characters so far are dealing with trauma. I feel bad for them too. Art isn't mine and I don't own the art)

Y/n's Pov:

I ran inside Willow's greenhouse to check up on the both of them. Willow bandaged Gus's flags, but they probably weren't helping much. "Guys, you know Luz didn't mean to push you guys too far. She's just.. I don't know," I looked at them. "Y/n, we understand, that Luz is trying to protect us but-" Willow murmured and cutted herself off. Silence. 

Amity bursts into the room. 'Thanks for saving the awkwardness, Blushy.' "Guys, Luz needs your help!" She panted. Willow and Gus stood there. "I know Luz is stupid and makes risks all the time, which I love, I mean hate!" We all stared at Amity suspiciously. "The point is, she decided to take the punishment. Which is sweet. No! I hate it and it's dumb! She can be a bit annoying but I- I mean she's our friend. Please," She pleaded.

We thought about it for a moment. "Alright, so what's brownie doing now? She may be stupid and annoying, but she is our lovable friend, isn't she Amity?" I nudged her on the arm. Amity's cheek turned into a soft pink. She knew I knew. I nodded understanding her feelings. 

We rushed on the field. Boscha literally threw fireballs at her. 'But Boscha's minions aren't doing anything back?' I was confused but it wasn't my business. Luz fell to the ground, she was tired of being treated like this but she did what she thought was right. Now it's out time to help. Willow spawned a tree to block Boscha's attack. 

"Willow?" Luz was shocked seeing Willow and I by her side. "We know you may be a bit infuriating at times but-" Willow began to say before Luz cut her off. 

"No, Willow. I should be the one apologising. I got stuck into thinking my movie blitz would work but it clearly didn't.  I shouldn't have pushed you all too hard," Luz looked at Willow and I. I patted her on the shoulder, "It's okay, Luz. Now where were we? Oh, right. Busy kicking Boscha's butt."

Willow confidently went up to the competition, "Boscha, enough is enough. This is between us and we'll finish it." I felt proud of Willow. "My baby's all grown up," I wiped a tear out of my eye. 

"Well then let's get started," Boscha and her group faced us. I took a step back. I noticed Amity and smiled, "Sorry guys, but I think I'll cheer with Gus. I think there's someone else who's probably more better than me." 

"Y/n-" The look Luz and Willow had made me feel sad. But it gave her a chance. "Looks like your friend bailed on you guys, how lovely," Boscha smugged. "Darling, I told you that someone else was perfect for my place and that would be," I paused for dramatic effect.

"Me," Amity walked behind the group and went up to us. "You just destroyed your social life," Boscha snarled. "Nah, I think I made it better," The way Amity looked at Luz was cute. "Goodluck!" I patted Amity and gave a death stare to Boscha. "Beat her ass," I muttered to Amity. "We will," She gave me a nod.

The battle had begun. Gus and I cheered as they were avoiding every obstacle. They made a few shots and dodges along the way. They all looked awesome! The other team did well, I guess. "They're on a tie," I told Gus. The score was 7 to 7 and Boscha made another point making it 8 to 7. It was keeping me on edge, they needed to win. They need to beat that son of a bitch from using us as targets and so Boscha knew we were better than her. "You can do this!" We yelled. Willow scored a point alongside Amity's assist. 'Another damn tie.' The other team made a point but then Amity scored another. A tie once more. 

My patience wasn't going to last any longer but I had to control myself. The tension was set. Luz was trapped in front of Boscha. "No where to go now, human," Boscha was going to blast fire magic at Luz when Amity jumped at her. "Hey! Get off!" Boscha yelled. "Go!" Amity told Luz. Luz ran and threw the ball to Willow. Willow stepped on a glyph to spawn the Thorn Vault and made the score. Gus and I jumped up and squealed. Until the fucking score changed to 999. "What the heck?!" I yelled and looked back to the field.

"What? We won fair and square!" Luz and Willow gathered together. "While you guys were busy scoring, I was able to catch this guy. Thanks for the help, Amity," Boscha batted her eyelashes. As Boscha was about to throw a ball at them, her team mates went up to Willow to congratulate her and her team. "You guys did amazing! Even you Willow!" Skara high fived her.

"Yeah! Do you want to join our team, Willow?" Another student asked. I saw Willow glance at Boscha before declining the offer. Gus and I got off the stands to accompany Luz and Willow. "Hey, where's Amity?" Gus asked. We looked around to see Amity sitting on the floor. "Amity!" Luz ran to her. "I'm fine, Luz," Amity told her. "If your really that hurt Amity I could carry you," Luz calmly stated. "Wait, what?" Amity exclaimed. "And, scoop," Luz picked up Amity in one fell swoop. "Oh, wow, sports." Amity answered. I stifled a giggle. "Let's do our sports montage!" Gus happily expressed. 

After all of that, it had made me feel exhausted. I walked inside my room and collapsed on the bed. "Hey sis, you received a letter from someone!" My brother called. I sprinted down stairs. "Who is it?" He handed me the letter. "Dunno, just read it and see," He shrugged and walked away. I frantically ripped the letter and it was from, "Hunter!" I was so excited. I ran back up and read the letter aloud.

'Dear Y/n,

We haven't hung out in a while, but I know your probably busy. I'm busy as well so I get it. I wanted to know if you were okay and I know your tough so, you'll be okay. I'm repeating words aren't I? Ugh, I messed up again. Well, I'll see you next time.

Love, Hunter'

It was a short but cute letter. It made me feel glad. What a wonderful day.

Word count: 1097 words