Chap 22: Normal Day?

(Hunter and Steve surviving the cold. Art isn't mine)

Y/n's Pov:

My siblings received a message from Principal Bump saying that I could go to school again. "Really? Did Amity convince her parents to let us back?" I asked excitedly. "Maybe, I don't know," Fynn murmured as he ate his breakfast. "Since it's the weekend, you have to stay home and do your chores," Ellory informed. "Why can't I stay with Mom and Dad?" I whined. They knew the only reason I wanted to go with our parents is because I wanted to avoid doing chores. "You're doing chores and our parents are busy with work. It's double pay anyway," Ellory shrugged. 

"Can't I come with you guys to see your covens?" I begged. "Sorry sis, you know what happens whenever you come with us," Fynn began. "You always wonder off to who knows where and cause utter chaos," Ellory finished. "Okay, chaos is a bit much, but I just do harmless pranks!" I mentioned.

"Harmless pranks?" They gave me a stern stare. Memories of my 'harmless' pranks came to me. "Let me rephrase that- They uh- I can't rephrase it any better," I stared down defeated. 

"Make sure to water the plants and clean the house. Also there's food in the fridge if you want it," Ellory kept on and on reminding me of everything to do. "I know, I know. You reminded me five times already," I remarked. They waved goodbye and flew on their palismans up in the sky.

"Okay, time to have a cleaning session, how lovely," I groaned and grabbed the vacuum. I cleaned the whole house and all of the rooms, that includes my siblings rooms too. I had to wear gloves to clean out the palismans beds and refilled their water and food. "Never knew cleaning was this tiring," I puffed. Thats when I realised I could make illusions of myself to help me clean. I did the trick that Gus taught me and it worked. Three illusions of me appeared. "Okay, so you will be watering the plants make sure to give them lots of water but not too much," The first illusion listened and went outside to the greenhouse. "You will do the rest of the cleaning," Second illusion grabbed a duster to dust off dust. "Now, you will make me an omlette," I pointed to the third and we headed to the kitchen. 

After all of that, everything was done. The house was sparkly and tidy. Illusion three made delicious omlettes and I happily ate it. Surprisingly, illusion three was a better cook than me. I got rid of the illusions and sat on the couch. Though, I kept on hearing Quince's squeaking. "Hey, what's wrong?" I went up to them and they ran away. I followed them into my room and they jumped on the window sill. They squeaked and turned to something beside them. A letter.

I picked it up and opened it.

'Hello y/n, it's me Hunter. 

It's nice to chat to you through letters and all, but I really prefer to meet in person. I sent you this letter to ask you, did you really mean what you said on the letter you gave me? I mean the one you gave to Steve and then gave it to me? You said 'I love you,' did you mean that?'

My face burned crimson. "Of course you dumb idiot," I muttered to myself hugging the letter. I continued to read the rest of it.

'If you really meant what you said, could you at least meet me at the place we danced together? Or should I meet you at your house?'

When I reached the final sentence, I went outside. And to my surprise, Hunter laid on the roof of my house. "What the heck? Hunter what are you doing up there?" I couldn't stop smiling when I saw him. "I decided to visit you after I sent you the letter last night and we haven't seen each other in a while," He explained. "Aww, did you miss me?" I teased. I noticed the slight blush on his face, "Yeah I guess." 

"I missed you too, pretty boy," I giggled. He came down the roof and stood next to me. "You came by to the Emperor's palace didn't you? I got your flowers, they're pretty," He replied. "I always pick the best," I proudly told him. "Of couse you do," He scoffed and smiled. 

We went back inside and I made him a fruit platter. "Fruit platter! A healthy and nutritious snack," I placed it on the table. We ate the fruits while watching movies together. I didn't know Hunter and I had the same interests in movies. I took Hunter as some sort of talented kid in the Emperors Coven. But he was an athletic geek. I loved it whenever he talked about the wild magic of the Isles. He told me he knew all of this because there were books in the castle that were restricted from the public. He read all of these books to find a cure for his uncle. "Wait, so you've been doing all your research to help save your uncle from a curse?" I stated. "Yes, the curse has made him lash out from time to time, but I try to convince him that wild magic could heal him. He didn't take that very lightly," He muttered and scratched his scar on his cheek. 

"Hey! I wanna test something out, it's a healing thing my friend taught me," I was about to do my magic when Hunter stopped me. "You aren't going to hurt me right?" He replied. "Of course not! Just sit still," I raised my hand and made a healing circle on Hunter. I tried to heal his scars, but it didn't work. "Huh, it seems like your scars are permanent," I shrugged. "Did you try to heal me?" He tilted his head. 

"Yeah, I thought it would work," I looked down at my hands sadly. "It's fine, I got used to having these scars," He muttered. "How did you get those scars anyway?" I looked at him curiously. He let out a deep breath. "There's something I want to tell you," He began.

Word Count: 1039 words