*: 🎀 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒮𝓅𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓁 🎀 :*

(As always, I did not make the art nor is it mine)

Hello! This chapter isn't part of the main storyline, just needed to mention. Anyway, happy new year and enjoy the holidays!

Y/n's Pov:

It was snowing today. Mrs Noceda told us to wear warm clothes before going outside. So, were currently rummaging through the attic. "Have you guys found anything that we could wear?" I shouted.

"Nope."

"Nothing at all."

"That's sad." I went through a box and found a brown knitted sweater. It was lovely and it had snowflakes on it. I wore it over my white blouse and it looked awesome. I also found a thick scarf to match! I twirled around and noticed my reflection. I smiled at myself. It matched my beige pants aswell! (You may change this)

I looked at myself again and saw Hunter staring at me. "What?" I turned to him. Hunter stayed silent, a tint of red started to show. I softly giggled and went up to him. I gave him a peck on the cheek before going downstairs.

We were ready to go out when I realised I need to fix my hair. I went back upstairs to the bathroom. The others waited for me while I styled my hair. "Hurry up, Y/n!" Amity yelled. "In a second!" I responded. There! My hair was looking fantastic. A door slammed. I looked behind me to see Willow. 

"Y/n, I know you want to impress Hunter, but we need to go now," Willow stated and dragged me out. 

Snow was a weird thing. According to Luz it's water but in a soft mushy version. We had snow in the Boiling Isles, but is it the same compared to the Human Realm? Gus, Willow, Hunter and I stood there confused. Vee jumped in the snow and Luz pulled Amity into the snow. I touched the snow hesitantly and it was freakishly cold. I quickly pulled my hand out. Hunter noticed that and gave his gloves to me. "Thanks," I muttered. 

We still stood there for like 15 minutes already not knowing what to do. Gus was the first one to be brave enough. He took a step into the snow and another. "It's nothing guys! It's weirdly fun to step in," He exclaimed and fell into the snow laughing. Willow shrugged and leapt into the snow. I still wasn't sure. Then my hand entertwined with Hunter's hands. He saw how scared I was. "Hey, it's nothing to be afraid of. Besides, they're having fun, so shall we?" Hunter gripped my hand tightly and we jumped in the snow. 

I laughed. Guess snow here isn't bad after all. I wanted to stand up but struggled. 

"Need a hand?"

I nodded and Hunter swiftly picked me up in bridal style. "Hunter!" I gasped and my face flushed with hues of red. Our faces were so close. "Look who's getting flustered now~" He taunted. I covered my face and he laughed. Unexpectedly, someone threw a snowball at Hunter. He nearly dropped me on the ground if I hadn't gripped on his shoulder. "Hunter! Don't let go!" I yelped. 

"Sorry, love." He chuckled.

He softly lowered me down and turned to the person who hit him. It was Luz. "So, lovebirds, are you done flirting?" She teased. Luz had another snow ball and threw it at Hunter. "Oh it's on Human," Hunter grabbed the snow and shaped it into a ball and threw it at Luz. The snow battle began. Willow, Gus and Vee were the commentators, whereas Amity and I couldn't help but freeze. Not from the cold but how cool our partners looked. 

"Luz will kick Hunter's ass," Amity proudly announced. I scoffed, "As if!" And as Amity had said, Luz won. She congratulated her girlfriend and smirked at me. I mouthed a 'fuck you' and she gasped before poking her tongue out. Hunter walked up to me all sad and disappointed at the fact he lost.

"It's okay darling, everyone makes mistakes," I hugged him while he sulked. 

Our fun ended as Mrs Noceda called us to go back inside. "Yes Mama!" Luz shouted. "Alright guys, let's clean off and head back." I patted down my clothes to get rid of the snow. Hunter shook himself, he looked so cute. "Come on, we need to prep for today's dinner!" Mrs Noceda called. Gus ran quickly, "Yes! Food here I come!" 

"Not if I beat you to it first!" Willow challenged and sprinted. "Wow, she's fast," Vee proclaimed. I laughed at the two. 

Luz and I helped Mrs Noceda with the food. It smelled so great and it looked delicious. The others hanged decorations to celebrate something Luz called, 'New Years Day.' "So, basically it's a common tradition where we celebrate the first day of the new year. That's why it's called New Years Day," She explained while washing the vegetables. "And the great part is, there's fireworks!" 

"Fireworks?" I tilted my head. "It's some explosive object that flies in the air and pops into this confetti like thingy. It's really cool. It's similar to the one Edric made," She mentioned. I nodded and continued cutting the food. 

Everything was ready. Streamers hanged, glitter everywhere and food was all prepped. We were proud of our work. Mrs Noceda called us and we took our seats on the dinner table. "May we all enjoy this feast and have a happy new year!" She praised. "You may take the food now." We abruptly scrambled on the table. We were starving. "Guys, don't eat too much. We're going on the roof soon," Vee told us. We stopped and nodded an apology to Mrs Noceda. She brushed it off. 

Everything was going great! The others climbed on the roof. "Can't we use our palisman to get up there?" I asked. Luz shook her head, "No, that's taking things easy. Besides, our palismans are tired, let them rest." I stared at the ladder. I let out a deep breath and climbed up. The view from here was nice. We could see the sunset and some parts of Gravesfield. Vee and Willow brought board games and we had fun playing. 

This year was a blast, but a feeling of worry rushed in me. Hunter nudged my shoulder, "You alright?" I plastered a fake smile and nodded. He knew I was faking it and pulled me closer to him. He didn't say anything and I loosen myself. A hug was all I needed.

Luz checked her phone and beamed, "Guys, it's nearly New Year's and the fireworks will be on soon!" We packed up the games and sat patiently waited. 15 minutes turned into 10 then 5. It was so close. Then the count down started.

"10!"

"9!"

"8!"

"7!"

"6!" 

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" We yelled and fireworks erupted. So many colours in the sky. I admired the fireworks, not realising Hunter was staring at me. When I did I just looked at him awkwardly, "What?" We stared into each other's eyes and moved closer. Our lips nearly touched. Hunter pulled himself into me and we kissed! It was a soft kiss slowly moved back.

"Happy New Year, Hunter," I smiled at him. He smiled back, "Happy New Year, darling."

.

.

.

A/n: Alright! Once again, Happy New Year and enjoy the rest of your day! :D