Chap 10: Goldie's Daily Work

(I like how Amity cares for her girlfriend :]. As per usual, art isn't mine and I do not own it.)

Hunter's Pov:

Emperor Belos has given me more tasks to do. He has instructed that I inform Lilith to capture the owl lady and to inform Kikimora about her latest duties. I found Lilith sitting in her room and she obviously wasn't pleased in seeing me. 

"Golden Guard, why do you come in here?" She asked suspiciously. "The Emperor has told me to inform you about your duty, you know, capturing the owl lady?" I told her. She stayed silent for a moment. She answered, "Tell him I will capture her soon, he will have her." I nodded and left the room. Before I did leave, I heard her muttering. 'What is she on about?'

I told the Emperor of Lilith and he had dismissed me. When I exited, I ran into Kikimora. She hissed when I budged into her. "What a pleasure it is to meet you too, Kikimora," I taunted. "Golden Guard, what is it already?" She ordered. "Ah, I see. You've heard already. Well, your latest duties are to patrol Latissa and arrest wild witches or anyone causing trouble," I concluded. She shuffled past me angrily without another word. 'What is wrong with everyone today?'

As I walked about the halls, I noticed Steve scrolling through his scroll. "Aren't you supposed to be on duty?" I scolded. Steve stared at me blankly when he realised what he was doing. "Sorry sir, I just had to update my penstagram. I haven't posted in a while, so I decided to do it now. Would you like to be part of the post?" Steve lifted the scroll and in a flash it was done.

"What did you do?" I rubbed my eyes, they were sort of blurred from the flash. "I just took us a photo. See," He showed me the photo he took. "You posted it already? Ugh, you know I don't like being in photos," I grumbled. "Yeah, but- Oh look, someone already liked it," We stared at his scroll to see who had liked it.

It was a follower of his. "Who is that?" I asked. "Oh, it's my new follower. They usually are the first one to like my posts and they usually comment on my posts with you in it," Steve responded. "May I?" He gave me his scroll and I checked the comments on his previous posts. It was from the same person who liked his new post. The comment said:

'Golden Boy looks so cute when he's annoyed.'

"Golden Boy," I muttered and remembered the person who always called me that. Y/n. I decided to check their profile and I was right. It was Y/n Their account had a few posts. They had pictures of themselves, their palisman, siblings and food. A lot of sweet foods mostly. Their recent post was with a few people at a carnival. She was with the human. "Why is she hanging out with them?" I muttered bitterly. 

"Uh, are you done with whatever your doing?" Steve hesitated. I ignored him and continued looking at Y/n's posts. 'They're so pretty. Wait, snap out of it!' 

I handed back Steve's scroll, "Continue your duty, scout." I rushed to my room and immediately closed the door. I took off my mask and noticed my reflection on the mirror. My face was flushed with crimson. I still don't understand why Y/n makes me feel this way. 'Is it some sort of spell? A curse? No, why would she curse me? She wouldn't do that, would she?'

I laid down on my bed, thoughts swarming about Y/n. 'Why is she spending her time with them? Did she forget about me?' My mind went blank. "Ha! She wouldn't forget about me, I'm unforgetable!" I stated. But a sad feeling warped inside me. I shook it off and decided to focus on other things. I grabbed a few books on the shelf and decided to read them. 

The sun was setting, I turned on my lamp to continue reading. A gust of wind flew in from my window and there was a letter that wafted onto my bed. I stared at it cautiously and grabbed it. I ripped it open and read it aloud.

'Hey Goldie!

Haven't hanged out with you in a while. Well, I have my reasons and you probably have your own. Anyway, I made new friends at school! Their names are Viney, Willow, Luz and Gus! They're really cool! Luz also introduced me with this cute little guy named King. According to him, he's the king of demons? I don't believe in that. 

At Hexside, the school I go to, there was a basilisk attack. A few students and I rallied up against the beast that nearly stole everyone's magic. We successfully defeated it. With that, we were earned with having multiple tracks. Isn't that amazing? I chose bard, illusions and healing! I can't wait to use my powers to help and protect others. 

I know you work for the Emperor, but please, don't mention anything about Hexside allowing multiple students to choose one track. I only tell you this because your my friend. The bestest of all! 

I learnt a couple of new spells. It isn't much but I won't give up! I hope you're doing alright. I guess I'll see you another time?

Love, 

      Y/n'

I stared at the letter, unsure if I should write back or not. 'Maybe another time.' I went up to my window and looked out at the scenery below, 

"Y/n. I... miss you."

-

Y/n's Pov:

I blew the letter away and stared at it as it floated higher above. The sky was beautiful tonight. My brother called me from downstairs. I sighed and looked back at the sky, "I miss you Goldie.."

.

.

.

Word Count: 968 words.