Chap 45: Caught red handed!

(Noceda siblings strike again! Art is by Kiminkiis? (That's what the name says on the art))

Gus' Pov:

"It's strange how Luz has been gone somewhere for a while," Willow mentioned. "You mean a long time," I told her. "Yeah, I guess," Willow and I chatted together at the cafeteria line. "Y/n's been missing for a few days too. I've tried texting her a couple of times but she barely answers," 'What's with witches missing school these days?' "Hey, what's the hold up? Can't you see we want food too?" The students behind us complained. Willow and I moved quickly to our table and saw Amity sitting there looking upset.

She showed us the device where Luz usually texted to Amity, a tamagotchi I think? Weird name though. Humans come up with such weird but cool names. "These are the last messages I got from Luz. She must've typed them quickly because all I could decipher was, "Learned a lot of bad stuff" something, something, "Day of Unity," something, something, and "Don't scare them away"? I don't know what any of it means!" Amity informed us. We looked at the message closely and I noticed a few hearts. "What are those hearts for, hm?" I pointed out. "Oh, those are for me," Amity blushed slightly. 

"I went by and checked out the Owl House. It was crawling with Coven Scouts. I was thinking of capturing one for information, but..." Willow explained when Amity lend out a comforting hand, "It's okay, Willow. They're tough. Not everyone can stand up to them." Willow glared at her and finished her sentence from before, "But I didn't want to bring more attention to Luz and Eda." Amity awkwardly chuckled, "Of course, yes. Smart move."

The bell rung and both of them got up to dispense their trays. Willow walked past me and I decided to give her a bit of advice, "Hey. You should say something." She turned to me and replied, "I'm fine. We just started hanging out again and she needs time to get to know the new me." 

"You mean the real you," I smiled and she left. Suddenly, I heard rumbling from a trash bin nearby. I decided to take a closer look and it was a bird with a ferret carrying a half eaten sandwich. 'Bird and ferret. I've seen these two before.' "Wait, I remember you!" My voice seemed to have startled them and caused the palismen to flee. I chased after them on my palisman to where they had led me, the paranoratorium.

I flew down to the stage, stanced with my palisman. A shadow casted over me. I whirled around to see the Golden Guard. He was a lot more intimidating than he was now, a lot messier too. "What are you doing here, Golden Guard?" I asked him. "Wouldn't you like to know? But rest assured Gus, I-" Hunter began before Y/n appeared. "I can't find anymore blankets or such anywhere. That's too bad, I wanted to build a fort," Y/n pouted. "Y/n?!" I was surprised seeing her here with him. "Oh, hey Gus," She whirled around. "Gus?!" 

Clattering was heard closeby and I noticed a lot of stuff behind them. There were books, snacks, a lot of juice, bags and some sleeping bags. 'Was he living here? What about Y/n? Was she with him this whole time?' Hunter stepped in front of me trying to cover what I had seen before. He was embarrassed about it. "I'll ask you one more time, what are you guys doing here?" I repeated. Hunter stood there silently before y/n nudged him, trying to encourage him to say something. The bird also flew by towards Hunter and pulled a loose strand of his hair. "Alright, fine!" Hunter glared at the both of them.

"Truth is, my living situation has been compromised. Maybe. So I just need a place to crash. Temporarily. Hexside was the only place I could think of," Hunter admitted. "How vague of you. How about you, y/n?" I glanced at her. "Oh, I'm just following this guy," She spoke but then walked closer up to me, "I'm only here because Hunter dragged me here. Not in a bad way though, I decided to stay with him. He's been having a rough time lately."