Chap 9: Hexside Inspection (Part II)

(This can be accessed on pinterest and just to confirm, it isn't my work)

Y/n's Pov:

I followed Principal Bump and the Inspector to the auditorium. I stayed at the entrance as they sat at the front row. Amity Blight performed on the stage as she demonstrated the abomination track. I was amazed at her performance and everyone else was too. The woman got up suddenly and transformed into, "A basilisk?" 

Basilisks were known to be extinct. Now there was one trying to get Amity. Another thing about basilisks was they consumed magic. Amity's abomination fought the inspector but she transformed into a larger beast and ate the abomination. "Oh my titan, she's huge!" I gasped. Principal Bump raced in front of Amity to defend her from the imposter. The basilisk performed her work by consuming his magic. I was in shock and tried to reach Amity. I was too late, the basilisk had already consumed her magic too. She chased other students when I threw my shoe at her. "Augh!" She grunted

"Eat that bitch! Stay away from them!" I swiftly performed a fire spell and knocked her off. She hissed and slithered towards me. "Oh geez." I dashed as she chased me. As I looked back at her I accidently bumped into some people. "Are you okay Y/n?" Luz pulled me up. 

"I'm fine, I got no time to explain but a-" I was interrupted by the basilisk thrashing the lockers. The two students who stood beside Luz ran towards the basilisk and performed their magic. "Wait-" Again, the basilisk devoured their magic. "Willow! Gus!" Luz called to check on them while she threw a notebook with a glyph at the basilisk. She ate it and spat it out into shreds. "The pain! The pain!" She screamed and clashed everywhere. Luz carried her friends to safety as I took notice of how the basilisk reacted from Luz's attack. "How strange." I muttered. "Y/n come on!" Luz yelled. I ran after her. 

We made it into some sort of door realm? "Guys I need your help!" She asked three students who sat near a corner. "Oh, your back," Viney plainly responded. "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings but please listen!" Her friends collapsed on the floor. The three students gasped, "What's wrong with them?" 

"A greater basilisk broke into our school," I explained. "I heard about those in class! My cousin at St. Epiderm said she saw one, but those things-" Viney told us when we both responded. "Should be extinct." 

"It must've attacked the other schools and now it's come for us. We have to do something," Luz declared.  "But if Bump catches us mixing magic again," "He'd kick us out of school." Viney and another student mentioned.

Luz's face was determined, 'wish I had that kind of determination.' "Hexoleos are out there getting hurt and we're the only ones who can save them! We're troublemakers right? So let's get out there and make some trouble!" Luz announced. 

Our plan had began. "Luz is the bait and she'd lead the basilisk to us, which she is doing right now," I explained as Luz yelled to Viney. The griffin flew out of no where and attacked the basilisk. "Jerbo, now!" Jerbo swiftly opened a door below the basilisk trapping her and falling into the door realm. We jumped down onto it and landed on the backstage of the auditorium. "Barcus!" Luz called. The dog poured an oracle potion onto the basilisk's hand. "What is he doing?" The basilisk shouted.

"He's reading your palm and your future looks bleak, Y/n now!" I let go of the rope and sand bags fell on top of the basilisk. She tried to free herself but was trapped and souls emerged out of her flying. Her screams finally ended. Everyone who had their magic devoured, returned into their normal state. 

"You guys were amazing! You-!" Luz congratulated all of us when Bump shouted. "Are in so much trouble! Leaving your homeroom, mixing magic and... is that a secret hide out?" 

"We saved the school from a basilisk! Even though their magic is different from others, they don't deserve to be punished!" Luz defended them. 

"Luz has a point sir," I commented. Bump looked at all of us and finally gave in, "Alright, perhaps I was a bit harsh and you all did just save the school." He continued, "Well, what tracks would you like to learn?" Viney, Jerbo and Barcus excitedly told Bump what track they'd like to be in. "What about you two?" Principal Bump motioned towards Luz and I.

"I choose to be in the bard, illusions and healing tracks, please," I stated. With the flick of his finger, my uniform completely changed. Well not completely, my sleeves were two different hues of blue and my leggings were red. I admired myself for a bit before I heard Luz's decision. "All of the tracks are awesome, so I choose to be in all of them," She proudly announced. Bump did as she asked and her uniform had each of the nine coven colours. 

"You know, another student wanted to do all of the tracks but they weren't able to," As he said that, a portrait from the door realm floated downwards. A whisk of blue light removed the graffiti on the portrait to reveal a young student. I glanced at Luz, her face brightened and she smiled. 'Does she know this person?' 

We were dismissed and I was walking out, when someone called my name, "Y/n, Wait up!" I turned to look back and there was Luz with her two friends. They panted and Luz straightened up. "I've noticed how you sit alone and don't really communicate with others, so I wanted to ask if you'd like to hang out with us," Luz expressed. The two other people moved towards me and introduced themselves.

"I'm Willow," Willow shook my hand and gave a soft smile. "And I'm Gus!" Gus beamed. I shook both of their hands and replied, "I'm Y/n, it's lovely to meet you all."

We exchanged our numbers and made a small chat group so we could plan to go out. "Bye friends!" I waved cheerfully as Luz flew on her mentor's back and Willow and Gus walked away. I zoned out for a moment, 'Wow, I can't believe I made more new friends.'

.

.

.

Word count: 1083 words

ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀ'ꜱ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ:

I am back! I took a break for a while as I was busy with other projects. Anyway, stay safe and enjoy the holidays!