Chap 40: The Betrayal and then Freedom

(Our chaotic sunshine! The artist @bat! on pinterest!)

Y/n's Pov:

What did Gus mean by, 'battle'? Were they going to fight someone? I followed along with them and saw their members. Skara and Viney, both were my friends and I knew them well. Huh, who knew I'd see them both at the same time. Surprising how they'd participate in two clubs.

Hunter saw me and walked up to me. "Hello, Caleb," I taunted. "Please, save it for later," Hunter pulled me away from the crowd to avoid being seen. "What brings you here to Hexside?" I asked. "Important duties that's what," He told me. "Uh-huh, are those duties really more important than having fun for once?" I checked my nails. "I have fun with you all the time! Actually, whenever I see you is fun!" He blurts out. "That's an adorable way to confess that you love spending time with me," I teased. Hunter's face flushed with red. I laughed, it was always so much fun to tease Hunter and make him embarassed. "Anyway, I regret joining this club," He changed the topic.

"Why do you regret it? It doesn't look that bad, I mean, Willow's got the strength and brains. Gus can create illusions to distract the opposing team, Viney's strong and fierce and Skara comes up with brilliant strategies whether its from her phone or not," I explained to him. "How did you get all that by simply looking at them?" Hunter remarked. "It's called not judging someone by their looks. I've had known them long enough to know what they're capable of," I answered. 

Someone called Hunter's name in the distance. "It seems like you gotta go," I told him. "Yeah," He muttered sadly. 'Did he not want to leave me? Aww, that's cute.' I gave him a small kiss on the cheek, "Take that as goodluck."

.

I headed to my seat. I was given the best seat and was bribed free food if I stayed to watch. I opened a packet of crisps and munched on them excitedly. 

----

Third Person Pov:

Professor Hermonculus had challenged Willow to a flyer derby match. If the professor won, the flyer derby club would shut down. If Willow won, her club would stay. Those were on the line. Now, let's start the competition shall we?

The teams aligned in front of each other. A stare down. "Let the battle begin!" Professor yelled out and summoned an abomination blast at Willow. Viney blocked the attack and there they go. Flying everywhere. Hunter teleported and captured the first tag and passed it on to Gus. He then placed it on one of the spikes. "Gus, that was amazing!" Hunter cheered. 

Out of no where, someone summoned a ball of abomination and it blew up, causing Skara to be the first one down. Both teams had tags on the first spike. Viney decided to go up against Jerbo, her friend that didn't realise they'd be on opposing side. Both of them ended up crashing and their staffs flew out of existence. 

Willow and Gus rushed in and dodged attacks. Hunter teleported once more behind professor Hermonculus and stole his tag. Willow summoned vines from the ground that grabbed the remaining tags off of the opposing. Everything was going smoothly, until a random abomination spike came out of no where.

It was none other than Professor Hermonculus. 'That little cheat'  Y/n thought. Willow passed the tags onto Hunter as she fell. Rest assured, Willow landed safely on a flower pad. Hunter was about to get pushed off his staff if it wasn't for Gus' help. Hunter was able to place the tags on all of the spikes earning a cheer from the stands. It was only one person, that was y/n, you of course. Hunter's heart raced as he saw how happy you were. Same could be said for you. 

Of course his teammates cheered him on as well. In fact, as he landed on the ground, a barrel of tomato juice was poured on him. Willow's team had won. She got to continue her club!