Chap 25: Another day, another slay

(Cute Hunter in his wolf era. I do not create the art and own it.) 

TW: Mentions of blood. 

Y/n's Pov:

I feel like I came back to school at the wrong time. Amity was injured, Luz was who knows where, Willow was absent and Gus was absent as well. Which leaves me being the only one back at school since the expulsion. 

I headed to Principal Bump's office. "Y/n, glad to see your back," He looked behind me, expecting to see the others. They weren't there. "I see that the others aren't here," He quickly turned around. I could hear him sniffling. 'Never seen Princey B so emotional before. What is he even crying about?'

"Ahem, well, are you still having the same classes as before?" He asked. "Yes, I wish to continue them," I told him. With the flick of his finger, my uniform was back. I thanked him and went to my class.

Since Gus was gone, Em and Ed had to help me. They weren't the best of help. "Come on! Why don't you wanna sneak out?" Ed whined. "I need to improve my illusion skills, I don't have time to muck around," I told them. "Ugh, how boring," Em made the book, that I was reading, levitate. "Hey! I wasn't finished reading that!" I shouted and got out of my seat to grab the book. Whenever I jumped the book would levitate higher. "Quit teasing me!" I hissed. The twins laughed, "Your cute when your mad," Ed mentioned. 

I couldn't reach the damn book. "Give me the fucking book," I demanded. "Be polite," Em teased. "I'd rather bite your hand," I growled. "I can't believe your really short," Ed grinned. I kicked him in the shin. He lost balance and fell over. Em laughed and helped her brother up. "Eh? Why does it feel so tense now?" Em comments. 

The last few minutes of Illusions was me lecturing the twins. They gave me my book back to persuade me to stop the lecturing, but I didn't. They teased me, they deserved this torture. 

Viney taught me more things about healing. Some parts were about beast keeping. Puddles, her pet griffin, kept company with us. I loved her feathers and soft fur. "It takes a lot of time to get Puddles clean. I'm glad that she's very obedient," Viney patted Puddles' fur. 

Skara and I had fun playing together during our bard classes. I also learnt new techniques. Skara shared her penstagram account with me so we could chat with each other. Her account was like the accounts vloggers or popular kids had. Just posting about their daily lives and a bunch of other things. She pulled me in to take a selfie with her so she could post about it. It was interesting.

"What a tiring day," I yawned. Quince sqeaked at me for another snack. I gave them a treat and they happily ate it. The cafeteria wasn't full of students today. Probably sick or staying at home. 

School was over and something feels wrong. Suddenly a fire blast came at me. I instantly ducked, "What the heck?" I looked at the person who aimed the blast at me. No one was there. It was empty. I summoned my violin. "Get out of whatever place your hiding in," I shouted. Silence. 'Was I being paranoid? No, someone actually aimed that blast at me.'

I strung a cord. The blast from the cord shook the trees to see if anyone was in there. Leaves and twigs fell, but no person. "I don't have time for this-" I was caught by a trap. A hooded figure stood in front of me. "Let me out this instance!" I yelled at them. "I'm sorry for this." They told me. "Wait for wha-" They struck me with their staff.

-

All I could hear was muttering from someone. I opened my eyes and there was, an ash blonde boy. "Hunter?" He flinched and turned to me. "I'm so sorry y/n for hitting you. I just had to bring you here," He helped me up. "What do you mean?" I took a look outside his window to see the Emperor's castle walls. "Hunter! Why did you bring me here!" This guy literally kidnapped me into this place.

"I brought you here because," He fiddled with his finger. "Because of what? For what reason do I have to be here?" His demeanor was soft and his face looks like he hasn't slept in days. I mean, he had those eyebags before, but this was worse. I went up to him examining his face more closely, "What happened, Hunter?" 

He dipped his head and rested his head on my shoulder pulling me into a hug. "Hunter?" I wasn't sure of what was going on. "Can you stay here please?" He pleaded. I sighed, "Fine." We laid on his bed and he continued hugging me. It was nice and all but it felt uncomfortable being in his room. It felt uncomfortable being inside the castle. I disliked the feeling. Hunter slept soundfully as I played with his hair. His hair was soft and light. 

It's pretty surprising how no one disturbed us yet. No one knocked on his door. No one wanted to check on him. I glanced at his study table. It was scattered with books and papers. His floor was untidy and he had a soft spot for plushies. 'I thought he'd be organised.' There were posters of him hung up on the walls and I noticed a swept up pile of glass in the corner of his room. I got out of the bed and picked it up. The small shards were from a mirror, but where is it? I looked inside his closet to see the shattered mirror. In the middle of the mirror was a circle. Surrounding it was cracked glass and blood. Lots of it. 

'What happened here?'

.

.

.

Word Count: 986 words.