Chap 43: Traumatizing children is Belos' thing.

(He gives a two in one package: Trauma and a hair transformation. Literally.)

Hunter's Pov:

I tossed the walkie-talkie to Luz. She looked at me smugly. "Shut up," I told her. A sound nearby startled both of us. It was a child wearing a mask. "It's you! Kid Belos," Luz walked up to the child. She kneeled down to him, "Thank you for helping us before. You don't seem nearly as scary as your inner self." The inner self growled. "If strong emotions can take form maybe his inner self is, I don't know, sense of guilt?" Luz thought aloud.

"What? Belos has never done anything worthy of feeling guilt, it's obviously his sense of innocence, his pure intentions," I informed her. Belos has done nothing that's considered corrupted or anything. If he had then I would know, wouldn't I? "Well whichever it is, I think he can help us stay safe," She mumbled something else to small Belos. "What did you tell him?" I glared at Luz. A loud bawling was heard. "No time to explain! GO! GO!" We ran and the kid Belos went inside one of his memories. "Wait, you're just gonna invade his memories? That's sacrilege," I told her. The bawling continued and Luz just pulled me inside of the frame. 

We both landed on what appeared to be a small village. The kid Belos laughed for some reason as we followed him, but then abruptly disappeared in the crowd. "He says he can talk to the Titan," One of the people around us said."The Titan's dead. How is that possible?" All of them gasped when someone emerged out of the darkness. "Fellow citizens, we are born into chaos. Our lives anger the Titan. My own family has been hurt by the darkness of wild magic," Black smoke came out of his staff. "I have been shown the healing light. It shines in nine hues!" Colours of the present nine covens lit up. The crowd was amazed. "See? He's always been helping people," I nudged to Luz. A sudden blast came out of no where. "The wild witches! They have found me. Run!" Belos shouted. 

Luz and I ran away from the scene into an alley. That's when we ran into Belos again. "You incompetent fool! You nearly took my head off with that blast," He scolded the past Golden Guard. "I'm sorry, Lord Belos," The guard bowed his head. "I'm off to the next town," Belos moved aside them. "What about the rest of these?" The Golden Guard pulled the cloak off of something revealing explosives. "Put on a bigger show," Belos ordered. Kid Belos appeared once more running out of the frame. We went along too.

"Belos was lying! Wild witches weren't attacking him. How could you help someone like that?" Luz mentioned. "That was probably a special technique to get people to listen to his message. It's... It's for the greater good," I denied of Belos doing such things. 'Whatever that was, is a lie. The Emperor I know wouldn't do such a thing.' A sludge was coming out of a frame nearby. "He found us! Come on!" We headed inside another frame and this time it was somewhere snowy. The knee, I presume. "What's the kid doing?" I took notice of Kid Belos' strange behaviour. He was collecting things for some reason. 

"Look at what wild magic has done to your city. Now imagine what it's doing to you. A city can rise from the ashes, but a soul..." He shook his head. The crowd murmured in soft tones. Belos assured them, "I can make your magic pure again, as the Titan intended." The Guard next to him walked up to the citizens with a glove. The glove that gave out sigils, but an earlier concept? "Welcome to your new covens." The sigils were alright on the citizens at first but something changed. Their veins and eyes started glowing. They all suddenly collapsed on the ground, heavily breathing. The guard checked for a pulse in one of them, "They're still alive."

"Then we still have some work to do. Gather the palismen," Belos instructed. The guard did as he was told. Luz and I stood there silently, disgusted at what we saw. 

We got out of that memory. "You can't deny it now. Belos is trying to hurt people!" Luz was still trying to convince me Belos was bad. "He was just perfecting sigil magic. Besides, maybe he's remembering things wrong. Who knows how mindscapes work?" I stated "I thought you did?" Luz remarked. "Well, maybe I'm an idiot. You, get back here!" I chased after the child. The sludge creature emerged once more nearly snatched us as it shrieked. We ran and ran until there was another memory but it was weirdly coloured. It sat there in contrast to the dullness. The detail on it was shining blue with stars and a face carved on it similar to a crescent moon.