Chap 18: Family Problems

(Flapjack being Hunter's pocket and backpack buddy. They're so adorable! I am not the artist and I do not own their art.)

This chapter might have a few mistakes, other than that, you may continue reading.

Y/n's Pov

We returned home after that and were well, calm about it? I don't know. Ellory wasn't really saying much and so was Fynn. They had a lot in their mind so might as well not bother them. I laid down on my bed and slept.

This morning was strange. It had a weird atmosphere for some unknown reason, as if something was going to happen soon. Quince was asleep as usual, tired little being, and I decided to check up on my siblings. Ellory was in the kitchen making breakfast and Fynn was lying down on the couch. He was watching his witch novellas which only air once a day on a particular time. I grabbed a book from a nearby shelf and read it. 

But, the strange feeling was still there. Suddenly someone knocked on the door. Fynn perked his head up and so did I. "I'll get it," Ellory motioned to the door and opened it. She slammed the door shut afterwards for like a few seconds. 

"Honey, why did you slam the door on us?" The voice asked. I recognized that voice. "MOM?" Fynn and I yelled out. Ellory had no choice but to let them in. Our parents stood there infront of us and I hated every second seeing them. "Oh, who's this?" Mother pointed at me. "Can't recognise your youngest child, mother?" I scoffed. My mother's face turned upset after realising she forgot me. Our father was awkward in seeing us. 'Good choice in not communiting with us dad.' 

"What are you guys doing here?" Fynn folded his arms. "We just came here to see you guys. I know what we did was wrong but we-" Mother explained before Ellory stopped her, "Eleven years. That's how long you guys were gone. You were practically gone for half of our life and you suddenly want to come back?" 

"Listen to what your mother says dear," Father responded.

"Now you decide to speak, Father? No. We will not listen to your damn excuses," Fynn told them. "Give us a chance, please. We promise not to bother you in your current lives, we just want to settle this problem that has been bothering us our whole lives," Mother cried.

"No. You are not coming back in our lives without a fucking explanation," I snarled.

Our parents were shocked hearing me swear. "Darling-" Father began. "Don't 'Darling' me! You left us! No note, no explanation, nothing! You just left us! You left Ellory and Fynn to take care of me! They were just nine and seven years old! I was only five! I barely knew anything about you guys and you just appear back in our lives without an explanation on why you're here?" This is bullshit!" I fought the tears in my eyes. I did not want to cry in front of them. I don't want their pity. 

Ellory put her hand on my shoulder, comforting me. "What is the reason your here?" Fynn asked them. They hesitated for a moment and responded, "We.. wanted to see you all again."

"Bullshit!" I shouted and tears flowed down. "That's your reason in coming back? That's- That's-," Anger fuelled inside me. Their reason was stupid. They were stupid. My knees were wobbling and Ellory tried to calm me down. "Tell the fucking truth in why you're back!" I yelled. 

"Y/n, calm down," Ellory was worried about how I was acting.

"Please, y/n. We left because.." Father tried explaining.

"Because of what? Sexual reasons?" I accused.

"Of course not! We left because we were worried about how to take care of all of you. We were only a young couple when we had Ellory and when we had Fynn we were struggling with maintaining our jobs. When we had you, it was bad enough. We had three children to care for and it was complicated. So, we gave up." Mother revealed.

"It was our fault. We understand if you won't forgive us, but it was the only thought we had in mind. We're sorry," Father looked at us, pleadingly.

The atmosphere between all of us was quiet. All the noise abrubtly stopped. Ellory sighed, "Father, mother. Though you did explain your reason in leaving, you will not live with us."

They nodded, "We understand. We needed to clear that out with all of you. It has been a huge burden on us. Finally we feel at least a bit lighter."

"Are you going to visit us often?" Fynn stared at them.

"We'll try and visit once in a while, I know you guys are processing everything so we don't want to barge in often," Mother gave a soft smile. "We want to give you enough time to accept us, you may not get comfortable and thats okay. We won't force you to have a closer relationship with us, we know how long it takes to heal. It may take a long time, but we'll wait," Father sounded hopeful in being with us once again. 

We had another long conversation about catching up with things. Ellory and Fynn told them about how they were in covens and how I finally selected my coven tracks. They told us stories of what they heard so far about Bonesborough. A human coming into the realm, the incident at the Emperor's castle and me being a complete trouble maker. They heard the last part from close relatives and friends. I calmed down after everything. I couldn't accept them and they were alright with that. They knew what they did was wrong. 

They left after dinner. They appreciated Ellory's cookin skills and Fynn's neat freakiness. I also tried making funny jokes and stories to lighten the mood, they laughed to that. It gave me a weird feeling. 'Was this the feeling of appreciation from parents? Maybe.'

And that was it.

.

.

.

Broken bonds must be mended. Healing takes time and it will become amended. Feelings of acceptance and appreciation. Negativity whisking away in realisation. The cycle repeats.

.

.