2 | The Party

💔💔

💔💔

I HATE PARTIES.

ISADORA FURROWED HER EYEBROWS TOGETHER AS SHE LISTENED TO STEVE TALK

He had been giving Nancy a recount of the events that had happened with Amanda a few nights earlier, after she had heard rumours about what had happened and had asked, much to Isadora's annoyance and the blonde rubbed her fingers against her temple as Nancy and Steve talked. Isadora and Nancy had always been friendly but they weren't particularly close to each other and so Isadora wasn't overly fond of the idea of Nancy or half the school knowing what had happened with Amanda.

"Wait, she threatened you over Billy?" Nancy asked.

"Amanda already hates me enough as it is. This was the last thing I needed."

"Why does she hate you?" Nancy asked.

"She hates me because of what happened after the cheerleading tryouts in 1982," Isadora sighed.

"Wait, what happened at the cheerleading tryouts?"

"I made the cheerleading team, which wouldn't have been a big problem if the coach hadn't offered me the position of head cheerleader, which Amanda was at the time. I mean I ended up deciding to quit the team anyway and turned down the position of head cheerleader but I guess she started hating me after that and now I guess she's gonna hate me because I'm working on this stupid project with Billy."

"Speaking of Hargrove," Steve said. Isadora looked over to see the blue Camaro pulling into the school and she watched as a young redhead girl got out of the car, sticking her middle finger into the air before stalking away from the car and heading in the direction of the middle school. As the younger girl disappeared, Isadora spotted Hazel amongst other students, making her way towards the school and she looked back towards Steve and Nancy.

"I'll see you later," she said. Nancy and Steve nodded and waved goodbye to her as Isadora hurried over to join Hazel and the two girls made their way into the school together. As the two of them walked towards their lockers, Isadora spotted Billy and immediately she clenched her hands together. It had been a few days since they had been assigned the project and had gotten together to start working on it and so far Isadora had seen no evidence of Billy even making an attempt to start on the project.