32 | Face Off

💔💔

💔💔

I'LL STOP HIM.

THE GROUP RAN AS FAST AS THEY COULD

None of them stopped to look back as they ran to escape from the Mind Flayer. Isadora winced as she ran behind her friends, trying to ignore the pain shooting through her leg and up her body. When the Mind Flayer had smashed through into the mall, the group had been split in half with Hazel, Nancy, Jonathan, Will and Lucas sticking together while Isadora had stayed with Laura, Mike, Max and Eleven. The five of them made their way through the stairwell before making it outside and as they got outside, Isadora could smell smoke and she came to a stop in front of her friends.

"Wait," Isadora whispered. The group stopped running as Isadora took a few steps forward before she spotted Billy's blue Camaro on fire and she took another step forward before Laura grabbed her and pulled her back.

"Issi, it's not safe."

"She's right, Issi. If you go to Billy, you'll draw his attention and the Mind Flayer's attention back to us and back to Eleven," Max told her.

"I can't leave him," Isadora said, none of them noticing that Billy had managed to escape from the burning car and was standing up.

"I know, but he'll draw the Mind Flayer back this way," Mike told her.

"Okay, fine, I won't go to him," Isadora nodded, as she moved closer to the group before looking back over to where Billy was standing, her fatal mistake, as Billy spotted her right at that moment, along with Mike, Max, Laura and Eleven, and Isadora froze.

"Shit!" Max said.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go!" Mike yelled. The group started running, all except for Isadora, who looked towards Max.

"You go, I'll shut the gate!" Isadora yelled at her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, go! I'll be right behind you," Isadora said. Max nodded and as Mike, Laura, Eleven and Max sprinted back towards the mall, Isadora hurried to shut the gate, looking towards Billy as she did and blinking back her tears before she turned and ran after the younger teenagers, trying her best to ignore the worsening pain in her leg as she followed the group back into the mall, as they tried to escape from Billy, who they all knew would be drawing the Mind Flayer back this way.