49 | Aftermath

💔💔

💔💔

THIS WAS NOT HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO END.

A CLOCK CHIMED LOUDLY

Billy turned to look at it, his heart rate increasing as the group hurried back into the Creel House and over to where the old grandfather clock was chiming. As the clock chimed a fourth time, Kendra gulped at the realisation of what it meant.

"Four chimes, Isadora —" Kendra said softly.

"What? N-No," Billy cried. Before Kendra had the chance to say anything, the ground beneath them started shaking and the group were thrown back against the wall as the Creel House as the Upside Down was shaken by an earthquake. When everything stopped moving, Steve looked up before he nudged Nancy.

"I guess that's our way out of here," he said as he pointed to the gate that had torn through the old Creel House.

"W-Wait, a g-gate only opened in a location where Vecna had k-killed someone," Billy said.

"Alright, Robin and I will go and find Dustin and Eddie, and then will meet you guys back at my house. You three should get back to our dimension, find the others and see if you can find out what happened," Nancy said. The group nodded as they split up, but as Nancy and Robin walked away from them, Billy turned his attention towards Kendra.

"Four chimes? You don't mean that ..."

"Isa was the fourth and final kill?" Kendra asked quietly, before she looked away from Billy and towards the old grandfather clock, "I should've stopped her. I never should have let her go through with this plan to distract Vecna, but she was insistent she would be fine. She was adamant that she wanted to lure Vecna, even knowing that she was cursed."

"Cursed? Isadora was cursed?" Steve asked.

"Yeah ... she told me that she was while we were at The War Zone and we kinda had a fight about her being cursed and her plan to confront Vecna because it was a dangerous, stupid plan and I should have done more to stop her. I thought the plan would work and I never thought that Isadora would fail. That's why I didn't stop her," Kendra said, and Billy clenched his hands together as he listened to Kendra talking.