28 | The Search for Answers

💔💔

💔💔

NONE OF THIS IS MAKING ANY SENSE.

NONE OF THIS MADE ANY SENSE

Isadora paced back and forth as she tried to make sense of everything that had just happened. The Mind Flayer, Billy being a host, Eleven having powers, all of it was a lot for her to process. While Isadora continued pacing, the others gathered around Eleven, who was currently trying to locate Hopper.

"Are you ok?" Laura asked, as she watched Isadora pacing back and forth.

"Yes ... no ... I don't know. None of this makes any sense. How are you so calm right now? Isn't any of this freaking you out?" Isadora asked the younger girl.

"I mean, not really. Besides, maybe Billy will finally notice me if I help save him from this Mind Flayer creature," Laura said.

"Look, I don't want to sound like a bitch, but why exactly do you want Billy to notice you?"

"I've had a crush on him since I was eight and I guess I just want him to notice that I exist," Laura shrugged.

"You do know that Billy is too old for you, right?" Isadora asked her.

"Yes, of course I know that, but I don't know —" Laura sighed, as she looked down at her hands and Isadora stopped pacing as she looked towards the younger girl.

"Sorry, that was mean of me," Isadora said quietly.

"I found him," Eleven said, before Laura had a chance to say anything. Isadora watched as the younger girl walked away from her and over to where Max stood and the blonde sighed before she joined the group.

"Where is he?"

"Woods."

"Woods?"

"He's with ... Will's mum."

"My — my mum?" Will asked, and Isadora looked towards Hazel, who just shrugged.

"What are they doing?"