48 | The Piggyback

💔💔

💔💔

COME ON, FIGHT!

ISADORA NEVER ONCE THOUGHT THAT THINKING OF A HAPPY MEMORY WOULD WORK

And yet right now in this moment, she stood in the middle of the school auditorium and she smiled to herself as she looked around and made her way across the stage, remembering the day she had performed onstage with Billy. She remembered it had taken her completely by surprise, especially since she had been the one who had nearly ruined their relationship after she had believed the words of a girl and they had turned out to be nothing but fabricated lies. And yet, in that moment she had realised she was in love with Billy Hargrove, and she knew that was the reason why she had chosen this memory to hide in if she wanted a chance to survive and keep Vecna distracted long enough to give her friends a chance to kill him.

~*~

Billy looked up as flashes of red lit up the sky above the Creel House as the group made their way up the stairs and towards the house. As he followed the group, Billy looked towards Kendra.

"Do you think it worked?" Billy asked.

"Do I think what worked?"

"Is's plan to focus on a happy memory. I mean I know she had a plan to focus on a happy memory and hide there from Vecna but she wouldn't tell me which memory she chose so I have no idea which memory she even focused on," Billy told Kendra, who smiled as she looked towards him.

"Who are her happiest memories with?" Kendra asked him.

"I don't know," Billy shrugged.

"Her happiest memories are with you, Billy and if I know my best friend, I know she would've focused on one of those memories," Kendra said, as they followed Nancy, Robin and Steve into the Creel House.

"Oh, shit," Steve said as the group opened the door to the house and saw the vines that covered the ground. Billy knew they couldn't risk stepping on one as it was all a hive mind and he looked towards Kendra, who sighed as she shook her head.